Let's talk adhesion promoter

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I did some reading on Bulldog adhesion promotor today. Seems like neat stuff. I see its uses on non standard materials. I get that. I see it being used on body panels and there's even a series of videos on using it instead of typical prep. I'll link them here.

https://youtu.be/o4tvpUxD2u0

The thing I'm not sure about is will it be okay under epoxy primer because I keep seeing it used just prior to base coat. Is it really a replacement for scuffing and sanding new panels?

What say you?

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use it on interior and plastic body parts all the time. I put it under sealer so I don't see an issue putting it under epoxy primer. Not sure if I'd put it under an acid etch.

I've watched the videos also and see they say to use it like on the back of fenders and hoods that are hard to scuff. I'd use it there no worries. Not sure I'd use it without doing any other traditional prep. Also Not sure I'd use it on the face of the panels. I wouldn't want it somehow affecting the top coat later on.

I use the aerosal cans as I don't go through that much of it. A can goes a long way.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the local equipment auction house buys the chemical by the tanker load to repaint the old PG&E trucks from blue to fleet white. problem with the stuff, is you can't paint over it since it comes off over time. Result? you have the blue peeking through a peeling white topcoat. i will post a pic showing the issue. don't have one handy right now.