Legnth of 2wd ZF5 VS 2wd t19

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Does anyone know the answer? I'm interested in swaping and wonder if I'll need a different driveshaft...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NapaBavarian said:
Does anyone know the answer? I'm interested in swaping and wonder if I'll need a different driveshaft...
IIRC, yes. irregardless, its not that expensive getting yours shortened, gaining length is a whole other story........

turbo69

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
you will need a different driveshaft, it will need to be a tad shorter, because the zf is a little longer IIRC.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, if memory serves, the yoke is different between the T-19 and the ZF outputs. Someone on TDS did a swap (actually, it was from a C6, but he said that a T-19 driveshaft didn't fit properly either), and was able to find a special U-joint that was able to handle the ZF output yoke on one side and the T-19 driveshaft yoke on the other. I don't remember the part number, though, and this was a few years ago...

Just to be safe, you may want to measure the ZF and the T-19. It's a real fair bet the 2WD versions are different from each other, but the two trannies set up for 4 wheel drive are actually the same length...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online