Leaking BW1356

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a search and didnt come up with anything so i will ask you guys. My T case is leaking from the output shaft. it has the slip yoke style and i replaced the seal and it leaks just as bad. I checked the shaft for play when the driveline was out and it seamed tight. any ideas what is wrong before i put another $20 seal in it?

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
It is quite possible that the bushing is not as tight as it seems. The seal could have worn the diameter of the yoke down just enough to allow a leak also. Good Luck
Ken

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked real close at the yoke and it doesnt seem worn, but it i didnt get out the micrometer, so i suppose it could be. the new seal fit pretty tight.

hahn_rossman

Hahn Rossman
Reaction score
Check that your vent line isn't plugged. If the case can't vent, when it heats up it will leak. Good luck.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is vented well and has a new bushing in it and still leaks, the yoke is good, the seal was all gummy when I took it out, I think it is inferior material. New seal seems harder. I will let you know if it stops.

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a good idea, i hadnt thought of the vent. I am going to put it up on the lift and pressure wash it so i can see if maybe its not leaking from somewhere else. its starting to get messy under there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brb5

Members online