Leak ?

pafixitman

Reaction score
Ok…First things first.
Yes, I am still alive and still in GA while fighting a divorce in PA and have been working since the beginning of the year (not sure how long, drive sucks but people still need to be paid, so I am working in payroll again)

Now, about my truck – disliked by the gf, hated by the HOA – still has that oil pan leak. A buddy of mine has secured me some indoor work area so… once I buy (another) fan wrench (Yes, SHE has it along with the 2008 SD center console:dunnocookoo:mad::backoff) I am going to plan on doing this one more time.
Should I pull the clip and if so refresh me on the steps involved. I have pulled the pan in frame before (that got me to this issue) so I am not real happy with that thought. Of course, pulling a clip scares me to death – think body mounts for the front core support…

I also have a tranny leak where the PO disconnected the line from the rad and chewed off the end to install a cooler. I already have my line double clamped and it still leaks. Can I just install a barb fitting on the tranny and run hose?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also have a tranny leak where the PO disconnected the line from the rad and chewed off the end to install a cooler. I already have my line double clamped and it still leaks. Can I just install a barb fitting on the tranny and run hose?

When and if you get hose for the tranny cooler, be sure and get the hose specifically for oil cooler, DON'T get fuel line hose, it deteriorates from the inside and can get in your tranny. Some auto parts stores will tell you it's the same, well it's definitely NOT. Hose size is 3/8" ID.

The oil returning from the oil cooler is only used to lubricate and cool, any rubber from the hoses can get into the lube passageways and then you got trouble.

Last edited:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
ask Ron the dog molester because he always drops the front clip and has done so many he is like a machine at dropping them off. I was only party to one front clip removal and that was when we were yanking the cummins out of the donor truck Darrin got to convert Big Ed and Ron had half of if disconnected by the time the rest of us got turned around with wrenches in our hand.... after seeing it done that way I will never do another engine pull over the front clip.

pafixitman

Reaction score
That is my problem Travis. I been a part of one clip removal and it was to yank the donor motor for the Moosestang. The whole mid atlantic crew was there at the time.

It will be a couple weeks. I have some side jobs to wrap up, support hearing next week and been working with the atty on a master settlement agreement.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulling the clip is easy, way easier than the pan in frame, dont let it scare you.

I dont recommend hose for a full length cooler line.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe, where is the truck and where will the work be done? Perhaps I can help?

pafixitman

Reaction score
Joe, where is the truck and where will the work be done? Perhaps I can help?

Sure you can help. Atlanta is lovely this time of the year! :rotflmao

Sorry, I had to say that. The truck took a page from the Baltimore Colts playbook and left Hanover for a field in Anne Arundal County last fall (2009)and on a cold dreary night in March (after your 5 ft of snow melted) started on first try and fled to GA.

Did not have a choice, regardless of court documents etc. she is / has been taking everything she can get her hands on. Hence the reason I no longer have a fan clutch wrench and my nice center console.

Anyway it is bumper against the garage and nose at the curb in the "driveway" here. A buddy of mine is doing granite work and the guy that owns the building will let me bring the truck indoors and work on it. As mentioned I am seriously considering pulling the clip, motor and tranny. Pressure wash the engine bay etc and really get her cleaned up and drip free. I need new cab mounts so this would be a good enough time for that also. Hell if I had the money I would hydroboost it, rebuild the oilcoolers while it is apart.

I still love the truck, but it needs some attention (and 6 tires) and I really wish I had some place to park it. The HOA is all over us for having 4 vehicles and none in the garage. Just wait till Jacquie's youngest gets here this spring, it will be 5 vehicles then! :D