Late 70's Diesel Conversion! Pics Inside. ((((DIAL-UP Warning))))

duke-of-fords

79 F-250 ford freak
Reaction score
in a 1979 f-250 you think that if i mod.. the original motor mounts that a 7.3 IDIT would bolt up? i was thinking of shortening the driver side mount 1/2-1 1/2inch..? then maybe a 1/4 inch plate for added strenght?:confused:

greythorn3

wheelordie.com
Reaction score
I put a non turbo 6.9 in my 765 crew cab shortbox heres a picture of it, i love it. did it last fall, its my daily driver, i couldnt afford a king ranch so im trying to build it into one that is cheaper and more reliable and easier for me to fix.

Ray

You must be registered for see images

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You got the same wheels I have on the Moose Truck. They are pretty rare, so you might want to take care of them. It's never too late to shine them up some.

greythorn3

wheelordie.com
Reaction score
You got the same wheels I have on the Moose Truck. They are pretty rare, so you might want to take care of them. It's never too late to shine them up some.

im actually going to paint them flat black.. i have several sets of turbines also! i love the 70s rims..

Ray

duke-of-fords

79 F-250 ford freak
Reaction score
I put a non turbo 6.9 in my 765 crew cab shortbox heres a picture of it, i love it. did it last fall, its my daily driver, i couldnt afford a king ranch so im trying to build it into one that is cheaper and more reliable and easier for me to fix.

Ray

how did you mount yours up?? im doing the same thing, but in a regular cab, and its a 7.3 IDIT.

greythorn3

wheelordie.com
Reaction score
i do everything the most dificult way i think.. i cut the original crossmember out of the 84 and welded it into the 75, then bolted the engine in it. done.

Ray

this

placed here and then welded

equals this

Last edited:

Ford428CJ

FE Freak!
Reaction score
in a 1979 f-250 you think that if i mod.. the original motor mounts that a 7.3 IDIT would bolt up? i was thinking of shortening the driver side mount 1/2-1 1/2inch..? then maybe a 1/4 inch plate for added strenght?:confused:

No, I found it easier to take the late 80's mounts and bolt them up to the frame and weld up a crossmember for them. Trying to mode the original mounts can be done. But the cool thing is I can go back to a gasser if I wanted too. Buying parts for a mid to late 80's engine mounts are a lot more common then the 70's stuff. JMHO

Ford428CJ

FE Freak!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach