Last question I swear

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK this is the last question I am going to ask about oil coolers. I have mine off and Im going to rebuild and replace tomarrow so my question is. Is it recomended practice to put RTV sealant "smurf poo" on the O rings before installing them in the headers? thanks in advance;Sweet

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NO, don't smurf poop the o-rings, if you do you'll never get it back apart to service it in the future. If you use new header gaskets, they don't need it either, if you reuse the old header gaskets, which I don't recommend, you could put a light film of RTV on them to help them seal but don't use too much.

Just lube the O-rings with vaseline or a little grease. Just have to get them slippery so things slide together without twisting, nicking or cutting them....... don't have to goober it up, a little goes a long ways.

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I did not think you had too but better to be safe than sorry. thanks for the fast reply. also I have new header gaskets so no smurf poo for you*in a wierd chines accent*

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea thats who I was refering too but he isnt realy chines is he.:dunno ohh wellcookoo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online