Knocking Sound!

Farmer Dill

Reaction score
Ok so I heard the sound again today and I took a look and this is what I found. One of the lines comin off the injection pump is drippin slowly so I think it needs tightened and also I took the oil filler cap off and smoke spewed out

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
I was texting Dillion earlier about this, (Remember its my origional Truck) and pretty much told him to check and or change his oil and clean the cdr valve. From what I have been told it really sounds like its from the injector pump. Would it be time for an new one? ?I know when it was my truck ?I never touched the IP. Would his timing be off making the noise?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Any injector line loose at the pump can be broken too. All the hard line clamps must be in place on the lines. There are two clamps per side of the motor. If any of those are missing you will break lines from the fuel pulses from the injection pump....

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a rubber diaphram in the CDR, if it becomes cracked from age, or full of oil sludge it will cause high oil usage or even a runaway engine . Two bolts to the backside of the intake horn, and be carefull not to destroy the rubber seals, if there dried out and cracked they will break easily. Use brake cleaner to clean it out, squirt some in both sides, block off with your hands and shake, dump out. May take several times.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Soaking it in gas/Kerosene a few hours will do the same trick, just make sure that little hole isnt plugged. Also I do know when it was my truck it did have the line clamps, just make sure it still does, thats real important.

Glad we could help you on this, just good thing it was something simple.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
On the Steel lines between your injectors and injector pump. There just littl clamps that keep the lines from vibrating and rubbing together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online