Keeping coolant inside

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 6.9 is studded. I have a 110 and a gtx3582. I do not plan to push it over 18 psi, 20 maybe at the most. I know all the big guys who lifted heads were getting a lot more crazy with boost than I ever plan to on this. I really like how it’s running right now and I’m able to turn the pump down and I plan on it to help with egt’s. Am I kinda in the safe range, keeping boost at 18 psi. I am just curious about some of your guys’ opinions. It runs phenomenal

You must be registered for see images attach

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think wes was pushing a bit more boost on his shop truck bit I run 14psi on my 6.9 towing and it isn't studded and I hace been doing that for years

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think wes was pushing a bit more boost on his shop truck bit I run 14psi on my 6.9 towing and it isn't studded and I hace been doing that for years
Yeah Wes and I have talked about it a bunch, it’s his stuff on here lol. I am just curious as to what others think as well.

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i were you i would keep it wastegated to 15psi.its less fun but i also think getting to drive my truck at 15 is better than one with lifted heads

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I tend to side with 03wr250f. I also think that it depends on how often you see the 18-20 PSI. If you're running that constantly or for hours on end, I'd consider reducing the boost just to play it safe. If it's only once in a while, for a short time, then I think you should be safe. If you're mostly driving empty or lightly loaded, you probably won't see that much boost very often. If you're usually pulling heavy, you'll probably see it fairly often.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online