keep or get rid of???

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
After going all summer without A/C this year I finally got it working in September.. But now I see it getting in the way alot of the time. It was a hot one this summer but not unberable. its my daily driver to and from work no real long hauls.. so what do ya think keep or get rid of it? cookoo

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like a/c not only for the summer, but to dry out the air when it is raining. Makes it a lot easier to keep the windshield clear.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JPR, that's why I fixed mine... gotta be able to get the fog off the inside of the windshield while driving.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dustin. I think you should take it off, and give it to me for the Bronco. :Sly

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The a/c may make things a little more difficult to get to, but IMHO you'll regret it if you remove it...on the other hand, I use th ea/c a lot more than I use the heater on my vehicles ;) There's also resale value to consider, along with the dehumidifying factor already mentioned...and, if you remove it now, and if you ever decided to install it again, doing so would likely be a pretty expensive undertaking.

So, I say, keep it :cool

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
you make a good point about resale value I had that problem with my Scout I ripped out the components to the A/C without even seeing if it could be fixed. couldhave got more if I had it

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Do wath you feel is best but remember that by removing it you can send me the ac hoses for my truck and you'll end up doing a good deed :angel: .

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must not have a wife or girlfriend; or you haven't cleared this with them.

DeeseSR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to fix my A/C so my wife would ride in my truck accross country when we move.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dbarilow said:
you make a good point about resale value I had that problem with my Scout I ripped out the components to the A/C without even seeing if it could be fixed. couldhave got more if I had it
Hey, a fellow ex-Cornbinder owner ;) I assume it was a Scout II (I dont' think the Scout 80/800 ever had a/c from the factory)...what year was it? What engine and tranny? Any pics?

My first diesel was an '80 Scout II that was rusting apart around the frame...had an anemic Nissan SD-33T coupled to a T-19.

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
1972 304 auto I gotta find some pics luckily I foound a guy who took good care of her she ran good 6MPG up hill, down hill towing,my saturn cross country from 29 palms in the middle of the summer and A/C was broken.........

MudHog

Reaction score
I say keep the a/c for all the same reasons that have already been mentioned. Oh and by the way, I got a early '60's Scout II with a metal half cab (similar to the ones for the CJ8 "Scrambler"). It's one of the first ones ever made. Sat up in a barn and the drive side was used for a cow ass scratting post. The passenger side body panels are all in decent shape.

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Early 60's Scout is either an 80 or an 800 - Depending on the year! I think 61-64/5 would be an 80 and 65/6 thru 70? is an 800. I have a 61 80, 66 & 68 800!

Hoss.... ;Sweet

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a guy in my neighborhood that has been gathering up Scouts with a passion.

He has a field full of them.

I wonder if a 6.9 and T-19 would fit in one.

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
just find one with the diesel engine in it already!!!! The wife usually doesnt ride in the truck with me she cant live without climate control and heated seats. sometimes she has the A/C blowing so cold while the heated seat is at full blast

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ealiaga12

Members online