Just when You think It is almost finished

tknomaj

Reaction score
Well here it is the GOOD and the BAD. Finally finished fab work that was being done at friends shop got everything powder coated. Coolers and Lights and filters mounted Winch mounted. Decided to drive it back to my shop rather than tow it (no plates) checked all fluids was the Trucks first run for any distance. About 35 miles all was well raining and People in SOCAL cannot drive in the rain either 45 or 80. and about 3/4 of the way home in HEAVY TRAFFIC the engine over temp light goes on pulled off to side of Freeway and called AAA droped vehicle at shop checked coolant 1 Gallon low :mad: started engine and it now has dead missfire on at least two cylinders. The only upside is I have MAX (7.3 factory turbo ford reman engine new) I was wishing that I would get to play with him alot before droping him in . but I guess that plan is Moot. Well that was the BAD here is the GOOD some pictures of what was done. I was planning to plumb and wire everything but not just yet bigger fish to fry -cuss

now the pictures will not up load

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well all good thing happen for good reasons. Why do you think the coolant left the motor.... Thank God for triple A too. These rigs are hard to tow. A dually wont fit any trailer either. Time to install max and that new torquer cam.... Then spin those duallys......:sly:D

tknomaj

Reaction score
Because it was running on 6 cylinders give or take and the VERY VERY LARGE CLOUD OF WHITE SMOKE:dunno

Last edited:

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the light comes on around 230 degrees I think, thats wierd that it would have burned up two cylinders, thats really not that hot...Atleast not what mine has been up to.

I know this is dumb but I was havin a good time at the mud drags with my ford and the mechanical gauge was bottomed out after every run down the track. I made probably ten runs and the gauge goes to 265 degrees, so who knows how hot it was getting. At one point during the day before the drags I went to check it cause it was heating up and it was a little low, ended up adding a couple gallons of water to it but I guess it was just evaporating. Everytime I would finish i would just pop the hood and let it cool down for about ten minuted then go again. Drove it home and to school the rest of the year with no problems. IDK.

icanfixall, whats so hard about these trucks to haul? I l think these are the easiest to haul because of ground clearance (4wd). And a dually will fit on a trailer with no sides like a tandem dual axle gooseneck, hell a duece fit on it.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow tknomaj, I like your truck! ;Sweet

Did you fab up the light rack above the bed yourself or have it made?

tknomaj

Reaction score
So the light comes on around 230 degrees I think, thats wierd that it would have burned up two cylinders, thats really not that hot...Atleast not what mine has been up to.

I know this is dumb but I was havin a good time at the mud drags with my ford and the mechanical gauge was bottomed out after every run down the track. I made probably ten runs and the gauge goes to 265 degrees, so who knows how hot it was getting. At one point during the day before the drags I went to check it cause it was heating up and it was a little low, ended up adding a couple gallons of water to it but I guess it was just evaporating. Everytime I would finish i would just pop the hood and let it cool down for about ten minuted then go again. Drove it home and to school the rest of the year with no problems. IDK.

icanfixall, whats so hard about these trucks to haul? I l think these are the easiest to haul because of ground clearance (4wd). And a dually will fit on a trailer with no sides like a tandem dual axle gooseneck, hell a duece fit on it.

YOU ARE CORRECT!!!! The loss or missing coolant was not the problem. One oof the reasons that My truck was out at My friends fab shop was to install the HyperMax Intercooler. Cutting the holes in the core Support is much easier with a Plasma Cutter. All the pipes run on passengers side right next to the dip stick tube and we loosened it while fitting piping and I trusted my friend to secure the dip stick tube. It did not get secured properly and poped up and all of the oil in the crank case came out while driving on the freeway. Lack of OIL and lubrication caused it to overheat. So a word to the wise make sure your dip stick tube is in place properly because with viberation mine came out and now I have a bad Engine. -cuss

tknomaj

Reaction score
Wow tknomaj, I like your truck! ;Sweet

Did you fab up the light rack above the bed yourself or have it made?

I did it with the help of a Friend at his Fab Shop. Every piece was bent and fitted for My Truck a One of a kind piece. The steps were also made with the help of Go Rino. I am not a Small Boy and Three large Grown men can stand on the steps and they do not Flinch. Thank You I have been Building it for some time now . It is truely a Work in Progress.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin