Just started my 7.3* build

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always good to see another beautiful rig back on the road with upgrades! Nice work!

One thing I'll point out is the tiny air filter-- if you can figure a way to get a bigger one in there you won't regret it. I ran a little spectre like that after my charge air cooling upgrade and I was really underwhelmed at first. Didn't gain anything really. Super frustrating. But it was all in the lack of air flow and once I switched out to my BHAF it was great!

Speaking of CAC, you won't regret that one bit in the performance department! Stick with 2.5 inch tubing unless you're going huge turbo. I have 3" and it takes up a lot of space, is harder to run and everything related to it costs more.

Buffetkiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always good to see another beautiful rig back on the road with upgrades! Nice work!

One thing I'll point out is the tiny air filter-- if you can figure a way to get a bigger one in there you won't regret it. I ran a little spectre like that after my charge air cooling upgrade and I was really underwhelmed at first. Didn't gain anything really. Super frustrating. But it was all in the lack of air flow and once I switched out to my BHAF it was great!

Speaking of CAC, you won't regret that one bit in the performance department! Stick with 2.5 inch tubing unless you're going huge turbo. I have 3" and it takes up a lot of space, is harder to run and everything related to it costs more.
Thankyou.
Im torquing the heads too 100 as we speak from justin at r&ds advice.

What air filter do you have?
And yes i will be doing a bigger turbo with intercooler and cranking my fuel pump up till it stops.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a big honkin' air filter, or BHAF. Google it for the part number, sorry I don't have mine handy. Mine is a Donaldson. They are so big they have like a 60,000 mile change interval, depending on the dust in your area and if you use a filter cover.
It's for a 4" intake tube so for our stock turbo we have to reduce it. I 3D printed a 4"-3" adapter for it nice and thick and it has worked well for a couple years.

IDIMANIAC

Reaction score
Thankyou.
Im torquing the heads too 100 as we speak from justin at r&ds advice.

What air filter do you have?
And yes i will be doing a bigger turbo with intercooler and cranking my fuel pump up till it stops.
Do you still have the old turbo, and if so, would you be willing to sell it, unless it's shot

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin

Staff online

Members online