Just reached 200,000 miles on my '97

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Yup, my '97 just reached two hundred thousand trouble free miles ;Sweet. On the engine, I've only replaced the glow plug relay. It still drives like a dream. Who else has a high mileage trouble free 7.3L PSD?

lschultz

Reaction score
Cistern,Tx-2.3 miles outs of ofs highway in Fayett
you must be doing something right

Damn hey you must be milking it. :D Congratulations. They can all reach high mileage if you just maintain em right. Some will go quite a bit farther than the others such as a Dodge/Cummins.:D I had to say it so stick it to me.:moon:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mines just a young'un compared to yours Richard, its currently at 138,000 and is two years older. But the last 30,000 miles that I have owned it have been totally trouble free save for a belt/idler pulley and the GPR.

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Well I'm creeping up on ya pretty fast....

mines a 99 with 120,000 on the odometer... and that's with the larger tires .... I think the actual mileage may be closer to 125-130

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dieselmaster
Well I'm creeping up on ya pretty fast....

mines a 99 with 120,000 on the odometer... and that's with the larger tires .... I think the actual mileage may be closer to 125-130
Check out THIS post by Smokey Wren.

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Heynow,

I am past the point of being able to adjust it without a Truespeed or something... I have 37's... you can only do the computer trick up to 35's..

Its not too bad... about 1/10 per mile or 9 every 100... I had it adjusted when I was running the 35's...so its not too far off.

I haven't been able to order a true speed because the wife is watching everything I spend on the truck since she found out about the DI-4 chip that mysteriously showed up one day...

:D

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I just had a turbo fail on a 96 F450 with a powerstroke at work. Oh, I forgot ot mention that it had over 300K on the odometer. That is the only major failure that truck experienced and it has had a HARD overloaded life.
Ken

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NJKen
I just had a turbo fail on a 96 F450 with a powerstroke at work. Oh, I forgot ot mention that it had over 300K on the odometer. That is the only major failure that truck experienced and it has had a HARD overloaded life.
Ken

;Sweet

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
hheynow....I'm at 197xxx on my '96.....only bad failure was the POS dual mass f/w exploded...you guys saw those pics:eek:

I'll hit 200 k next monthLOL

Only other failure was the idler and I up graded to the dual idler tensioner:Thumbs Up

Mats

Reaction score
Howdy Boys -

This is my first post so be gentle with me.

My 96 F250 has 230,000 miles on it and I've recently had a rash of minor problems. I've had to replace a harmonic balancer, air conditioner compressor, fuel pump and power steering pump all within the last 4 months.

But I don't mind TOO much because these repairs are still a lot cheaper than a new truck's monthly payments. The way I figure it, $250 a month is half of what a new truck's payments would be and that adds up to $3000 a year for repairs. So even with all my recent problems, I'm well within my repair budget.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Mats,

Minor problems are just that....minor. Take a look at some of the new trucks and I dont care what brand it is. You could be making a $500-$600/month payment and still have problems, and some not so minor. Welcome to the forum, bring your questions and try to answer others.

kentuckydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As soon as my truck hit 200,000 it started eating $$. Well, I've got most everything right again and now it's driving better than ever. 233,000mi, atting an extra 1000mi each week :D I love my truck. -phillip

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mats
"Howdy Boys -

This is my first post so be gentle with me.

My 96 F250 has 230,000 miles on it and I've recently had a rash of minor problems. I've had to replace a harmonic balancer, air conditioner compressor, fuel pump and power steering pump all within the last 4 months.

But I don't mind TOO much because these repairs are still a lot cheaper than a new truck's monthly payments. The way I figure it, $250 a month is half of what a new truck's payments would be and that adds up to $3000 a year for repairs. So even with all my recent problems, I'm well within my repair budget.
"

Hey, welcome to the site. I'm a newbie, too! All those things you replaced were past their expected life anyway, if you ask me. I think you're doing great.
BTW: new truck payments are a lot more than $500/month if you don't put much down!!!

A $40,000 truck with ZERO interest and no money down over 5 yrs (60 months) is $666.67!!! With interest, more like $750!!!:idiot: ouch!!

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
My 97 just turned over 69,000 miles:D :D :D

Oh and it was a Oct 97 build truck:cool :cool

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online