Just purchased F250 6.9

Baytonia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prepping 7.3

Well I decided to replace all seals, and WP. Taking my time. Also I had the FW turned and brought a new clutch kit. I looked at the FW and some teeth looked worn, so I ordered a new ring gear. So in the end the only thing that wont be replaced will be head gaskets.

You must be registered for see images attach

Baytonia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More Pic's

Part 2.....The 6.9 had a LUK clutch, the FW was smooth but had hot spots so that's why I had it turned. I am trying this clutch kit. Also the pilot bearing was sloppy on the input shaft. The friction plate was almost at the riviots, and the springs on the shaft were loose. So all should be well after this.

Baytonia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Starting up again.......

Ha Guys I'm back in the saddle. Been traveling and repairing others rides. Back on the 7.3 putting it together to drop in, once again, this time I am going to try to keep at it. It is getting late, here are some pic. Will chat and explain later.

Baytonia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More pic

more pics.....

Attachments

• IMAG1000.jpg
    IMAG1000.jpg
    797.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMAG1002.jpg
    IMAG1002.jpg
    671.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMAG1003.jpg
    IMAG1003.jpg
    947.3 KB · Views: 23

pastorjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Inspired by your persistence :) I just put a new t-stat and 3G alt on mine two weeks ago. Keep up the good work!

Baytonia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting motivated

I just picked the bug up Friday, had been looking for a 67 for a while. I work 10 hour shifts and when I come home I tired. Im not going into the shop today. Ill go to bed early and jump on the 7.3 tomorrow evening. I am struggling with if I should ground hop the motor before I set it in? I do want to give the eng stand some props, that motor has been hanging unsupported for going on 5 months with no ill effects. But I would never try to run it on that stand. I drew up some plans for a engine rack. The good thing is I can put the 6.9 on the eng rack till I am ready to rebuild it.

Baytonia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Block Stamp

Can anyone tell me what the stamps are on the oil pan mating surface on the block? One side is stamped "A" and the other is stamped "B" ????

Baytonia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys I'm back. It's been awhile but I can finally say I have the motor off the engine stand and bolted into the frame of the truck. Met a new friend and he came over and gave me a hand. I am excited about getting close to having her run. It has been a long journey, but I can now see light at the end of the tunnel. We have the drive train all bolted in, I need to complete wiring, fuel, clip back on coolant, oil ect, the hard part is done. I cant wait to pop smoke...... I feel like I just brought a new truck LOL but really it has been a long wait. I been so busy and completing other peoples projects it is nice to work on your own for a change. I am taking a break now, and will pick up later tonight or tomorrow.

Attachments

• F250 engine set in frame 15 Nov 2014.jpg
    F250 engine set in frame 15 Nov 2014.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 49

Baytonia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cooler

Well I am glad I decided to run oil through the engine with the starter before I put the injectors, GP's, coolant front clip and wiring. Sure enough my cooler is leaking in the front between the 2 bottom bolts. The rear is fine where the filter is. My first thought maybe it needs tightening, no that did not do it. Then I remembered there was some flaw on the surface. The bottom bolts on the front housing don't require sealant do they??? if not I will have to have it trued at the machine shop, or could I have tore a o ring? I f the o ring is torn should it leak back where the tube is??? Well good part is I can get to it with the clip off, and no coolant in it. I think the housing has a bur in it, I should of had it trued before I put it together. Do I need to replace the o ring or can I reuse them?

Attachments

• Oil cooler.jpg
    Oil cooler.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 29

Baytonia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cooler update

Well I snatched it back off and figured it out. Stupid mistake, the pic speaks for itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online