Just out of curiousity

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Alright guys, I'm wondering what my truck is worth. Seriously, this is just for curiousity sake. Its not like I'm going to go and sell it (well maybe if the price is right :D), but more than likely I wont (though I am eyeing a OBS PSD).

So here's the list.

1985 Ford F250, 6.9, T-19 tranny, 4x4 w/BW 1345 transfer case ,Dana 70 rear 3.54 open diff, Dana 44HD TTB front 3.54 open diff, Regular cab, long bed, XL edition, explorer package. I am the second ownder, the original was my grandfather, who maintained it very maticulously. Only 120,000 miles on it, and trust me, he drove 110,000 of those miles very very easy.

What I have done:

Dupont Blazing fire red paint, to replace the original tan color. 3 coats base, 2 clear. It has a couple of chips in the paint, one scratch, but all would be fixed. Eagle alloys series 186 wheels in 16x8", with BFG T/A KO 285/75/16 E tires, with about 90% tread left, they looked like they havent even been used. I spent around 2 grand at LMC on all new chrome exterior pieces, bumpers, grille, trim, chrome tube steps, ect.... A aluminum diamond plate tool box with locks. The bench seat has been re-upholstered and looks great. Interior is in awsome shape. Rebuilt ATS wastegated turbo with 4" straight pipe exhaust (tip would go on). ISSPRO tach on the A-pillar, ISSPRO boost, pyro, water temp, and oil temp gauges on the dash in pods .IP basically maxed out, all new IP and injectors went on before I got the truck so they should last a long time.

Starts up good, though I think it needs new battery cables, it turns over a bit slow. Other than that, its a good reliable truck. Its never left me stranded. And there is basically no rust!

Just curious what you guys would pay for it if you had the money or whatever, or what the value of it would be around you parts

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3500 would be fair with the turbo and new paint job. I don't know that you'd ever actually get that. Darrin Tosh always says that the reg. cabs in real good condition makes good dough because 98% of whats available is beat to heck rusted out work trucks. They also seem to get a hair better fuel mileage than a SC/CC.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Also a Class IV hitch.

Some pics

You must be registered for see images attach

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been under this truck and it is rust free. Lucky kid.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
If I was selling it here in Michigan I would be asking close to $5K for that truck. I dont think they will bring quite that much in Oregon, but you never know.

That has to be one of the nicest trucks of that vintage that I have seen.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
If I was selling it here in Michigan I would be asking close to $5K for that truck. I dont think they will bring quite that much in Oregon, but you never know.

That has to be one of the nicest trucks of that vintage that I have seen.

Thanks for the compliment ;Sweet.

I have to say though, it seems like it wont bring very much LOL. Maybe I'll just have to stick with it. How hard would it be to extend the frame, and throw on a CC cab?

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
around here in florida you could probly get 3500 for it.... might not sell that quick due to fuel prices and whatnot, but its a clean truck..... I wouldn't take any less thats for sure....

BENZIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not to hijack the thread :rolleyes: but is that boat a jet boat ? I ve seen some videos of similer looking boats on youtube

greythorn3

wheelordie.com
Reaction score
Its worth a whole lot to the right guy and not a damn thing to the wrong guy. just hold out tell the right guy comes along.

Ray

FordGuy100

Reaction score
not to hijack the thread :rolleyes: but is that boat a jet boat ? I ve seen some videos of similer looking boats on youtube

Yup.

I always figured it was worth more, but hey that would just me my ignorance I suppose. I just dont know if I could sell it for those prices LOL, I would be taking a huge hit.

So seriously, has anyone ever extended a frame before. I really dont like my regular cab, its just to cramped with more than one person riding in it :D. I would love to extend the frame, and find a CC cab and do all the body work, and paint it up to match. I would think it could be done, but dont know exactly.

greythorn3

wheelordie.com
Reaction score
Yup.

I always figured it was worth more, but hey that would just me my ignorance I suppose. I just dont know if I could sell it for those prices LOL, I would be taking a huge hit.

So seriously, has anyone ever extended a frame before. I really dont like my regular cab, its just to cramped with more than one person riding in it :D. I would love to extend the frame, and find a CC cab and do all the body work, and paint it up to match. I would think it could be done, but dont know exactly.

well thats a shame you aint closer im giving my cc away, the body anyhow

Ray

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
You might want to check with 6xCrew (Calvin). He has an extra cab truck that is about to part out. It no where as nice as yours, but it would get you the rolling stock you want.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
You might want to check with 6xCrew (Calvin). He has an extra cab truck that is about to part out. It no where as nice as yours, but it would get you the rolling stock you want.

Sounds good, thanks for imforming me ;Sweet. But its like if I go through all this work, I would rather want a CC over a extended cab. but thats just me cookoo :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online