just bought my first GMC

ncfirefighter46

Reaction score
well i have also been a ford man i had a idi diesel in my 94 250, well to day i ran across a deal i thought and bought a 2001 gmc sierra 2500 hd slt fully loaded leather and all 4x4, crew cab sb. it has only 58,000 miles on it and i noticed the lines to the injectors goes in the top of valve cover for each piston, now i gave only 24,000 dollars for it was that a deal and what are the spec on the truck. oh it also has a 5th wheel

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
From what you've described, it looks like they may have changed out the valve covers for the newer design. That's a big plus for you. Congrats on the new rig.

The LB7 Dmax is rated at 300hp and 520ft-lbs from the factory. It will have a 3.73 rear end and probably a locking differential too. I had an extended cab just like yours..'01 4x4. It got about 15-16 in town and I got about 18 or so on the interstate. I read somewhere that GM extended the warranty on the injectors to 200k miles on the '01 and '02 trucks because of all the problems they were having.

Piece of advice, change the fuel filters regularly. I'd also reccommend an auxiliary fuel filter setup like the FASS system to make sure the fuel going to the engine is clean.

ncfirefighter46

Reaction score
thanks for the info, this truck also has a tow package also, it was well took care of the dealer said the truck was bought there new in 01 and a older couple bought it to pull a camper, and the frame had no dirty or road grime you can still read all the tag on it with having to wipe them no dents in the body or marks, everything is as clean a new one and when i seen it ,it just got traded in the day before. never made it to the lot LOL, so i feel i got a great truck

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
congrats on the new truck. i like those dmax trucks a lot. i test drove one when i was shopping for my current truck. smooth and lots of power. out of my price range though.

the truck i'm now in will be my last ford. unless i find an IDI i like

ncfirefighter46

Reaction score
yeah i had a 94 idi i sold and i have been looking around some for trucks found this one for 24,000 i did not think it was a bad deal