Just Because It works Now.....

smoking89IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well as I was driving into town today I noticed that my rear tank was a hair above empty (as far as the gauge says) and I know that sender is dead on for empty, E means E on that tank, so I switch to the front and it says 1/8th of a tank, "cool" I think I know that sender is bad because when on empty I still have about 8 gallons left. Well I am cruising around town getting parts for my new Willys when the truck starts bucking and missing, I look down and still says 1/8th so I switch to the nearly empty running on fumes tank and get to my cardlock station and fill up, well the rear should be about 19 gallons from empty, so I am standing there and after a too short of time the handle clicks.....12.4 gallons.....air I think....pull handle...click...pull handle click, 13.8 gallons and fuel is in the filler, thats not good, 19 gallon tank on "empty" should take 19 gallons not 13.8. Well I go on to the next tank that the truck was missing and stumbling on and start pumping and I had deja-vu all over again this time only at 8.6 gallons -cuss , well I think air again pull handle...click...pull handle click, 10.9 gallons now thats really not good, 19 gallon again only taking 10.9 from near "empty", I think my pickup tubes have broken off and my senders are shot. Moral of the story if it aint broke it will be and all at once, and I am shipping Murphy back to you next day air with no holes in the box icanfixall, no hard feelings though he is just not welcome here in my truck, he liked yours better! :rotflmao

Last edited:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typ4 posted a link to an online store that had sender repair kits for $28.88 each. Could dig up the thread or PM him.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I would love to see a picture of a broken fuel sender-Pickup.Got one on my truck want to see if it would be hard to repair or improve on-instead of buying a new one to break again,before I start the job.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Mine does the same exact thing. Except mine will read full, until about a half tank is gone, then it will fall real fast, like within 15miles of driving, to empty. It kind of ****** me off when I fill up and I only get 18 gallons for both tanks. I just dont like driving around with it saying I'm empty, so I go fill up.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Justin you need senders. You other guys need to put tubing on the pickup tube to suck the tank dry and maybe bend the float arms a bit to adjust.
Here is the link and most use a 19 and a 21, I have a bronco tank in the rear ,it uses a 22

http://www.lightdutydieseltruckparts.com/shop.php?c=Performance&n=15728201&x=Fuel_Tanks_Accessories

It figures I need new ones, oh well :D

Hey Russ, a while ago you said you had some Racor units up for sale, how much, and when can I come pick it up ;Sweet LOL.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
i don't get it, why spend money.
fuel hose and a brass T seemed to work for me. I can get within a gallon of empty before the truck starts to surge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight