it's in, it's done. . .

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Barney, this time around, might I suggest that you take a more conservative approach to your testing methods, at least until after the rally? :angel:

Absolutely!

I intend to break it at the rally. There's no sense in towing it across town when I can tow it across 1 whole state and 2 partials.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be pretty damn funny if Darrin and Barney were to race, and have Barney win. LOL

tractorman86

Reaction score
i think they where having them shaved down, but i saw in a thread that mahl makes them in a 7.3 bore.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Mahle does make a 7.3 turbo low comp piston. What they do is machine the pin 10 thousands higher in the piston. That drops the piston down 10 thousands in the bore. You can machine about 15 thousands more off the tops but no more. When I talked to the head engineer named Eric at Mahle I asked about milling more. He told me the top ring would be damaged because it was getting too close to the heat. All the 7.3 pistons from Mahle have a stock head thickness of around .560 to .570. This includes the non turbo postons. I verified this on my original 89 block and the new set of pistons from Mahle. Funny how some things never change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online