Its home

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
Just got my crew cab home this morning;Sweet Its an 89 350 4x4 centurion conversion truck it was origanally a dually but the last owner converted it back to srw

Attachments

• PC290018.JPG
    PC290018.JPG
    579.9 KB · Views: 18
  • PC290019.JPG
    PC290019.JPG
    614.8 KB · Views: 15
  • PC290020.JPG
    PC290020.JPG
    603.8 KB · Views: 43
  • PC290021.JPG
    PC290021.JPG
    586.8 KB · Views: 31
  • PC290022.JPG
    PC290022.JPG
    622.5 KB · Views: 26
  • PC290023.JPG
    PC290023.JPG
    611.6 KB · Views: 15
  • PC290024.JPG
    PC290024.JPG
    596.7 KB · Views: 11

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
i have to and i got it for $1000. The guy thought in needed a trans but upon closer testing today the only thing that is wrong with it is the transcase which i have 3 or 4 of:D also the coolant sytem i clogged with oil because the original motor catavated. Any one know a good way to clean it out?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Nice!

Go out and get yourself some Calgon from the Beauty dept at your local supermarket/walmart. Fill your cooling system up with water, mixing the Calgon into the water (about half the box will suffice). Run the truck for a while with the Calgon in the system and then drain it. The Calgon will flush all traces of oil residue from the system.

Oh yea, if you're like me, have your brother look like the gay one and buy the Calgon, because they WILL look at you strange for buying it. lol

Now, I'll send you my information so you can ship me that visor for my excellent advice. :D

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
i have to and i got it for $1000. The guy thought in needed a trans but upon closer testing today the only thing that is wrong with it is the transcase which i have 3 or 4 of:D also the coolant sytem i clogged with oil because the original motor catavated. Any one know a good way to clean it out?

dish washing detergent and water get hot let cool drain fill with clean water drain till you get the suds out thats a cheap way
but if its bad then you might have to take to radiator to a shop and have them boil the thing

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Nice score ;Sweet, to clean the cooling system there are some cooling system flush at the autopart stores they all about the same I believe (clean, run, fill with product, run, flush, run, flush again, refill adding proper dca's) but I would make sure it isn't anything else filling the colling system with oil.

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
Now, I'll send you my information so you can ship me that visor for my excellent advice. :D

You'll have to fight me for it:backoff its getting painted and put on my nice truck:D I think i my have to take it to a rad shop because there is oil CAKED in it like you wouldn't believe!!!-cuss i am going to change the oil tomorrow and keep track of the level to make sure this one isn't putting oil in the coolant either.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have used Dawn dishwashing detergent with very good results. Do it twice. On the second round make sure its all flushed out. Then refill with coolant and any thats left will show up in the coolant recovery tank. To get it out of that tank wrap an ice cube in a paper towel and dip it into the film on top. It acts like an oil magnet. You will be surprised how well the ice cube works. The ice cube trick works great getting the oil off the top of homemade chily too.:thumbsup:

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Looks good,but where's the pic of the powerplant?:D We use Cascade dish washer powder at work to flush rads, idle them up to temp, flush and repeat as needed.

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
no pics of that untill after i get it cleaned up:D the engine bay is pretty filthy but nothing a good steam cleaning cant take care of. I went and got some of the dollar stores finest colgon:D so ill put that in there and see if it cleans it up some.