it's ford tough, just not very smart

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I get scared doing that...more so as I drive uphill and the water gets deeper :rolleyes:

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OH - MY - GOD

I have to say thats VERY impressive, but isn't that salt water? I could never do that to my truck. Not that I could even if I wanted to.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you say "Service every grease bearing item in the truck, and change every quart of axle lube." ? Oh and don't forget a good freshwater bath. I'm sure the wooden floor of the camper just loved that. On that last video, very much like in the Dukes of Hazzard, I bet there was something seriously wrong with that truck once it landed. That came down real ******* one side. Heck, the tailgate was already flapping in the wind as it flew through the air. How fast do you think it was going? 70? 80? LOL

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
***???????
Man that ranks right up there with you can't fix stupid.cookoo

When I was still in, 2 individuals decided to joyride a humvee one night and were doing that same exact thing.

Base fire dept got an early morning call a few days later for a hummvee fire.

Hmmmmm, same one that went for some body surfing and never got washed down afterwards.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the reason why people have to go through the creek at pismo is to get to the camgrounds. It's really no big deal at low tide. No saltwater issues then. You will have problems at high tide like what these guys are doing.
this wasn't the case before, but the environazis got one of the main access roads shut down and the alternative is this.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
This is one of my all time favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDvlS-FTdu0

At least twin I beams are good for some things:rotflmao

had a buddy do that by accident one night, he decided to race some guys home from the bar and cut across a field with it to the floor and hit a drainage ditch doing 50-60. launched his old dodge w150 about 10 feet in the air. broke the exhaust off the hangers and blew out the front tires but it ran so he kept going.:rotflmao he was lucky he didnt believe in wearing a seat belt and hammered his head and fell on the floor of his truck.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the environazis got one of the main access roads shut down and the alternative is this.

No doubt they will use this footage to try and prove that sea levels are rising thanks to climate change.

Agnem: I'm pretty sure he was doing 70

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guy had a set on him that's for sure. As high as he flew, he's lucky he didn't come down on his nose and get body slamed onto the roof.

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
oh boy, all i ask is when someone makes a video like this, CAN YOU PLEASE HOLD THE DAMN CAMRA STEADY!!!! im getting friggen car sick just watching it!

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The old fords from the late 70s are actually quite good for jumping. They have the longest (and equal sized) twin I beam axles, similar strength frame as modern trucks, and are not nearly as heavy so are not very vulnerable to their own weight. When they were more popular, they were a vehicle of choice for the baja races because only a minimum od modding was needed to make it into a long travel suspension.

I doubt that poor old ford in the video has tracked strait in years though even before the jump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brb5

Members online