is this what i need?

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
There are 2 different types of centrifuges. There are direct drive gravity fed bowl types and there are pressure driven types. The one you have is a pressure driven type. You will need much, much more than just that piece. If you were looking on ebay, look farther down the page where you see a $550-$650 package. That is closer to what you'll need with the pump, pressure gauge, relief valve and motor. Of course, you can always piece it together or DIY, but just so you know the pressure driven ones need from 20-80 psi to work (I think that's the range). Anything over 80 and you will damage the rotor. In my opinion, the other style is better, but the pressure ones will work fine. I have basically the same one made by dieselcraft. They tend to emulsify water more than they remove it, so make sure your oil is dry. If I was to make a suggestion, I would look for a used one. I scored mine with a heater, valves, pump, motor, and centrifuge for under $200 shipped on ebay. It was a $1000 setup!

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats almost the same one I have, think mine is 55GPH.
If you have a decent pump to push wmo through, you should be good to go.
I'm using a Saginaw PS pump, 1/3 hp electric motor, on top of a old air tank.
Won't go into barrel setup etc, theres a ton of different ways to do that.
Just on the safe side check PA biodiesels website, make sure the price is in line with a new one.
Another thought, make sure this CF has all the "guts"
Otherwise, looks good.;Sweet

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, ill email and see if everything is in there and i also never thought about looking into a used one, im going to check and see what i come up with, i just dont want to spend over $1000 bucks on one haha, trying to save money with wmo

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, ill email and see if everything is in there and i also never thought about looking into a used one, im going to check and see what i come up with, i just dont want to spend over $1000 bucks on one haha, trying to save money with wmo

Yep know what you mean.
I think in the $300 range for all the stuff, you could be up and running.
The electric motor I have is from a 25yr old pressure washer that had been sitting around.
I used the high pressure hose from that pressure washer to run some of the lines for my wmo tank on my pickup.
Stuff like that, i'm sure you've got some stuff like that.

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i have about 4 electric motors so thats a start if they work lol, havenbeen used in years, older than me

focker

Reaction score
I dont like the centrifuge set-up really.Seems like too much and also it doesn't get the acid out of the oil.

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
Depends on who you ask. I have not read of any guys who use WMO worrying about it, but I know the wvo guys have to be cautious. The issue is you can't really add anything to WMO to balance the ph like veggie oil. Then again, I have never measured ph of WMO or any fuel for that matter, so I can't say that a neutral fuel is ideal. The thing with acid is that it etches, but then again, I believe a solution that is too basic may do the same. It's really all confusing and hard to determine especially since every batch of WMO will be different and there have not been enough people doing it for long enough to have any really solid proof that acid in WMO will eat the heart and soul out of your fuel system. I say just flip a coin :)

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Centerfudge takes to long to process 55 gallons and you have to always scape out the goo.

A filter cart can be made to process and pick up oil all at the same time and even clean up your hydraulic fluid if you own any equiptment.
Yea of course it will cost you about $1000 investment, maybe more maybe less but think about it when you are going to use WMO as fuel you need to make batches of fuel and use it instead of playing games. I can process 55 gallons in total in about 2 hours If I really need to.

Im out of WMO today :( I used up everything already, I have 5 gallons left for Mon Morning...

Javier

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on who you ask. I have not read of any guys who use WMO worrying about it, but I know the wvo guys have to be cautious. The issue is you can't really add anything to WMO to balance the ph like veggie oil. Then again, I have never measured ph of WMO or any fuel for that matter, so I can't say that a neutral fuel is ideal. The thing with acid is that it etches, but then again, I believe a solution that is too basic may do the same. It's really all confusing and hard to determine especially since every batch of WMO will be different and there have not been enough people doing it for long enough to have any really solid proof that acid in WMO will eat the heart and soul out of your fuel system. I say just flip a coin :)

Just a thought, but isn't WVO on the acidic side normally, I've heard it really "cleans" out stuff???
Would be interesting to find out how the big companies that turn wmo into clean or normal oil balance the PH.

Another thought, do any of the diesel fuel additives talk about changing fuel PH, I would guess they don't, just wondering.

Last edited:

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
Ya, I've read a little on wvo with emphasis on little. What I have read tells me they chemically balance waste wvo to some extent. I wonder if anyone has titration info for standard diesel fuels vs other alternative fuels or any other ph based info?

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Centerfudge takes to long to process 55 gallons and you have to always scape out the goo.

A filter cart can be made to process and pick up oil all at the same time and even clean up your hydraulic fluid if you own any equiptment.
Yea of course it will cost you about $1000 investment, maybe more maybe less but think about it when you are going to use WMO as fuel you need to make batches of fuel and use it instead of playing games. I can process 55 gallons in total in about 2 hours If I really need to.

Im out of WMO today :( I used up everything already, I have 5 gallons left for Mon Morning...

Javier

what i was reading on pabiodieselsupply.com it states that the centrifuge can clean a 55 gallon drum in about an hour

Last edited:

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
With the pressure driven type, I think that it more realistically means it will pump 55gph. If you are recirculating a barrel, there is an equation that tells you how many times you will have to go through the barrel before you effectively clean every ounce one time. For some reason, I am thinking it is 11 times, but I could be wrong. Or you could pump back and forth between barrels, but that is much more work and requires more piping and/or holes in your barrels. Essentially what I am saying is that it will take more than one pass to clean your oil.