is it that hard to find obs rear leaf springs?

sootman73

Reaction score
i called the dealership working on my truck today. they said they are still having a tough time finding rear leaf springs to replace the old twisted ones. they have had the truck since feb 5th and still haven't been able to find springs to put on it. is it really that hard to find rear leafs that match the ones taken off?

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
A decent spring shop worth their salt could make you a set in a jiffy.....I would call around and see what it would cost to have a pair made up.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your dealership is screwing with you. Springs are available at nearly any decent spring shop as BigRigTech already mentioned. Your dealer doesnt want to mess around with you mostly because you arent there looking to buy an 08.

sootman73

Reaction score
well i would think that they would have looked into that by now as they have a delivery date of wednesday. plus i dont think the ins com would pay for it if i did that. the truck is gettin fixed after bein wrecked.

sootman73

Reaction score
thats tru too. they also have to find used ones because of course they can't put new on because it didn't have new ones on before the accident. they would rather wait to find used ones rather than spending a couple more dollars for new ones they prob have in their inventory

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I would inspect any used springs they buy and demand new center bolts in each pack.....New springs are reasonable in price and then you know what you have.;Sweet

sootman73

Reaction score
whats nice is that the work is guaranteed for life by my ins co! if sumthin breaks i'll simply take it back and get it fixed.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot these have to be replacement in kind...... that could make it a little more difficult to locate. Your dealer isnt going to want to invest alot of time searching junkyards for a used set of springs for you.

sootman73

Reaction score
im gonna get real PO'd if its not done by this weekend as i specifically told them it has to be done before friday. i have a trailer to haul and help some people move back at home. i'm gonna either call them or go there directly on wed and try to "motivate" them. if not i'll complain to my ins com and let them handle it.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
I work at a dealership and I am close friends w/ the body shop. I was told they can't use used suspension parts for safety reasons. (tie rods, springs, etc) They always replaced w/ new. That what the insurance companies say, or so I am told.
John

sootman73

Reaction score
well everything is new except the leaf springs as they aren't a wear part. i know the wear parts have to be new but other than that they dont have to. they were goin to replace the axle at first with a used one but then found out how the accident took place.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
After our Superduty got rear ended & destroyed the left side leaf springs. Ins co had the drivers side replaced but the body man noticed that it sat 3/4" higher on that side with the new springs. So he called back & they gave him the go ahead to get the other side done too. Just replace both sides with new springs & be done with it.

sootman73

Reaction score
i'm really hopin that they do end up havin to replace them if they can't find em. i def wont mind if they put new parts on there. im gettin a new hitch so why not springs?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online