IP question

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright been fighting this no fuel out of the ip problem. Well I decided to take the top cover of the IP off and have a question. The FSS actuates a lever under there which controls a arm to cover up a suction hole to the high pressure plunger I am assuming. Dont know for sure. But in the IP back right corner is a piece that you can stick a allen into and turn out that looks a carb jet. Well in this jet hole is a piece of metal. Is that supposed to be there. I try to take some pics of this but it is a small piece.

Attachments

• IMG00131.jpg
    IMG00131.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG00135.jpg
    IMG00135.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 7

Jake S.

clueless...
Reaction score
that is the spot where air it purged out of the ip to the the return system. My manuals show a jiggle wire like that one there.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I pulled out the wire and re-assembled the ip and wa-la. She fired right up after about 10 Seconds of cranking. I'm dumb founded. If that wire is supposed to be in there then I do not know what was wrong then. I havn't checked to see if she will shut off though. I figure I would let her run a bit to charge batteries. Hope she will shut off. I guess if not when eletric pump shuts off it will just run the remaining fuel out of the filter then die. LOL

Black dawg

Reaction score
that is the vent wire assembly, was the hole in it plugged? Im pretty sure if it was restricted enough/plugged the ip wont deliver any fuel. The wire is supposed to be there.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the wire is no longer there. One of those parts that you don't need I guess. My truck started fine this morning and it was not plugged in@ 13 degrees. It might have been plugged up or something but it starts now and thats all i'm worried about.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry been away for couple of days. Yea my truck shuts off like it is supposed to. I do not know what was wrong. Maybe that wire had some crap around it and plugged the hole. Anyway the wire is no longer there and I don't notice a difference. Thanks for all the help.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that wire sets case pressure or something like that.

Black dawg

Reaction score
Id be concerned that the housing pressure would be too high without it. Does your motor sound quieter?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would actually be lower I think it is on the outlet. Guess I should tear one apart and see.

Black dawg

Reaction score
the vent wire assembly lowers pressure from transfer pump pressure to housing pressure.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes my motor does sound quieter. I thought that was just in my imagination. Usually on cold start ups it rattles pretty loud but its really quiet now. Sounds normal though when it is up to temp. Maybe I will have to take my spare ip apart and replace the wire? Is it going to hurt anything?