ip pump question

jw674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think if i turn my ip pump up 1 or 2 flats with out a pyro meter i will hurt any thing??

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Do you think if i turn my ip pump up 1 or 2 flats with out a pyro meter i will hurt any thing??

Are you able to replace an engine or can afford one or have one around? You should just get a pyro that way you dont risk it

93F350

Reaction score
ive never ran a pyro in mine and my pump is turned up at least 5 flats 2 at first for about a month then a couple more i havnt had any problems so far she will go or she will blow ;Sweet

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive never ran a pyro in mine and my pump is turned up at least 5 flats 2 at first for about a month then a couple more i havnt had any problems so far she will go or she will blow ;Sweet

not saying its the worst thing you can do but heat is a killer in a diesel expecially if ur running a turbo, i will take mine quite hot but i dont like to keep it their, it takes a long tiime to get to 900 even with my pump maxed but once i get over 1000 when towing ill either kick on some water to it or let out a little just my opinion tho;Sweet

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Look i wont do nothing but recomend a pyro to everyone because most people aint like me and use there engine as a test Dummy just look at all the stuff mine goes threw it shouldnt even run! My pump is getting close to maxxed out, last time i turned it up it got pretty hard to turn, but i got so much smoke now i aint touching it till i get more air

93F350

Reaction score
hey dy14 can you give me some advice on turnin more rpms im gettin 3600 now not sure if my pump is gonna hold to much more but willing to try lol

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
hey dy14 can you give me some advice on turnin more rpms im gettin 3600 now not sure if my pump is gonna hold to much more but willing to try lol

You got to ask yourself, are you confortable with taking the chance of blowing your engine? everytime you go past 3800(redline) you take a risk of it flying apart, if your really set on turning the **** out of the engine like me, PM me and i will tell you all about it, but if your engine blows dont blame me, this is one of those "Do this at your won risk!" just becuase my engine dont blow doesnt mean yours wont, so if you want to turn more RPM PM me

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726