IP priming questions

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds pretty consistant to me. I will see if i can get a video of it cranking.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering is coolant level actually dropping? Is oil getting milky?

Have you got bubbles in rad? Many tell tales indicate HG or crack etc that you should watch for. Low compression and unused fuel from lack of burn is clearly going to be stinky/watery eyes type stuff.

May have a good 6.2 locally but yer in OR so how far are you from Oroville WA. 98844?

Also was told yesterday of all things of a good running 6.2 in Merret which isn't too far from me, and my friend may be purchasing several/all the vehicles in a LOT sale from the guy. If so then it could be coming my way as he hates diesels ROFL.

I've got the correct tester for comp here and leakdown as well.

So depending on distance one could help perhaps????

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really appreciate the offer for help , unfortunately I have no way of getting this pig up there. I sold my car trailer and my Ford is on its last leg.

I tried to check for bubbles in the coolant but it shakes so bad i cant tell. The other day the coolant looked contaminated but today it looks fine , even after trying to run it again. It is low and seems to be slowly losing more , but i cant say for sure. I checked the oil again today , and it is very low ... so it is now losing oil. It would not stay running today , whatever it is is getting worse. I cracked each injector and tried to start it , since it is too smokey to crack injectors while it is running. It didnt change anything.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Should drain the oil to look at it.
Coolant also.
These pump the oil into the radiator, much like for a auto trans. Could be a leak there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that , my batteries keep draining due to an electrical problem that i havent tracked down yet , so they were weak. I will get a better one tonight.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on a cheap but decent quality tester ? I know those two usually never go hand in hand ... I just need the cheapest one that wont fall apart on me.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might try loan-a-tool from one of the parts stores. Don't know if any of them have one off hand but just a thought. I picked one up on ebay for about $50 but I haven't had a chance to use it yet so I can't comment on quality yet.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FLAPS wouldn't have a diesel compression tester. I have a HF one; haven't tried it yet, but it looks, well, typical HF quality. That is, it wouldn't hold up to shop use 10 times a day, but would probably suffice for the DIY user. And a decent guide to what adapter(s) to use for what motor.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked to see if the adapters actually fit your truck ? My HF tester didnt fit my 6.2 or 7.3 so i returned it. If you read the reviews on them there are multiple complaints about it. Maybe they fixed it ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online