IP and injector Question

jsnap

Dunce
Reaction score
High fellas my ques is what is the diff between the ip pump for the turbo and non turbo cause im assuming its only calibration a bit more fuel which we can do our selfs again assuming. I ask because i have a 92 with a banks sidewinder and if there is a difference besides what i assume more fuel then i would change the pump to the turbo pump . also whats the deal with the letter codes on the injectors which codes are the best to get and does it even matter all i want to do is tow im not interested in speed just pulling power thanks .Richie

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
A turbo pump does flow more fuel but your current pump will flow more fuel too. Remove the triangle cover at the bottom of the pump on the passenger side & turn your fuel screw in a few turns (or more). You are probably turned up somewhat due to the banks kit, but you should have plenty more to go. Also, consider adjusting your wastegate. That will take you from about 6-7 psi of boost to 10-11 psi. That will get you more fuel & power. However, it will also get you more EGT & sorta close to head popping pressure with boost so be sure you have some gauges installed to keep an eye on things. If you are do for a replacement of injectors & IP go with DPS. Good stuff!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhill5353

Members online