Internal engine cleaning

Blownoiler

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm a newbie to this site so forgive me if this topic has been covered before! I'm looking for a product that will clean my engine internally, maybe an oil additive, fuel additive, whatever! Maybe water injection could be the go. I'm hoping to clean the build up of carbon from the pistons ring lands in my sons old Toyota 2.4.

Blownoiler

Reaction score
I just threw a litre of auto trans oil into the engine, I'm told that the higher percentage of detergents in the trans oil will not only clean things up a bit, but will also keep the engines rubber seals flexible!

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
The ATF will work good. I added a quart around 100 miles prior to every oil change on my smallblock, had it lookin damn good in there. If you suck it up through a vacuum line while the engine is running, wait for the white smoke to just barely start coming out and then shut the engine off and let it sit, the ATF will soak into whatever carbon is present on the valves/seats and loosen it up.

Blownoiler

Reaction score
The ATF will work good. I added a quart around 100 miles prior to every oil change on my smallblock, had it lookin damn good in there. If you suck it up through a vacuum line while the engine is running, wait for the white smoke to just barely start coming out and then shut the engine off and let it sit, the ATF will soak into whatever carbon is present on the valves/seats and loosen it up.

I might try that Flareside, I won't be able to turn if off easily when it starts smoking though...being a diesel it's likely to runaway on me!. What time period would I let the engine "soak" for? maybe a day? You have me wondering if I should put a quart into the fuel tank as well!

Last edited:

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
It's a matter of personal preference on letting it soak. I don't think the ATF would be needed in the fuel, but if you do then welcome to alternative fueling.

Blownoiler

Reaction score
It's a matter of personal preference on letting it soak. I don't think the ATF would be needed in the fuel, but if you do then welcome to alternative fueling.
Thanks for the welcome, I've been running on used cooking oil for quite a while now, with the odd additive thrown in to thin out some of the thicker drums of oil, usually unleaded petrol as kerosene is about $4. a litre here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online