Intermitant wipers

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
OK time to start swappin truck parts. :rolleyes:
Looking to swap wiper switches between the 2 trucks.
Can't stand them wipers going all the time when it's just sprinkling. Kills the wiper blades. -cuss
It appears that the switches for intermitant and non are different and the non has a plastic pin where the other does not. Removing this tab appears to allow the plug to fit, but not sure if the motors are the same, do I have to swap motors and harness goodies too? :confused:

Anybody made this swap before?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The motors are the same, but there is a control box that needs to be installed as well. If memory serves, the box plugs into the wiring harness on one side (using the exact same plug that would go into the switch on a non-intermittent system), and the other plug goes into the switch.

Hope that helps...good luck! :)

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ron-
this is truly a plug and play deal......
unplug the switch and black box from the donor truck (don't forget the ground wire off the switch) and plug it into the reciepient truck. Its very easy and foolproof. But don't go cutting into the plug plastic themselves. its there for a reason. One of the things I do is i do zip tie the black box onto the main harness bundle. some genius at Furd went out of their way to label the box "do not drop" and then anchored it next to the e-brake assy. cookoo cookoo the shock from the pedal hitting the stop is the main cause of the electronics inside the box to rattle apart. the factory main harness will plug into the corresponding plug off the black box. Don't forget to reconnect the ground too BTW......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online