Interior question

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
Hmm I know I got buckets out of a 94 Bronco for my 93 Supercab...... Same color, center console everything was exactly the same so I'm pretty dang sure they are.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had buckets in my 93 reg cab. I hated them. They are so tall you can get them leaned back far enough with out sliding the seat forward and then I was all over the steering wheel. If you are short ya might like it but for a tall guy be ready for a sore back.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I prefer the tall buckets in my 93 instead of the short ones in my 85, I'm only 5'9" though.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I prefer the tall buckets in my 93 instead of the short ones in my 85, I'm only 5'9" though.

Im also in the short club i come in at 5'9" but the boots i wear make me look about 6 ft, but i also weigh in at like 215 so im kinda fat too lol

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had buckets in my 93 reg cab. I hated them. They are so tall you can get them leaned back far enough with out sliding the seat forward and then I was all over the steering wheel. If you are short ya might like it but for a tall guy be ready for a sore back.

My preferences are just the opposite.

I am six-foot and long-legged and I like a tall seat; I hate to sit in the floor.

When I get in a big truck, I air that dude as far up as she will go.

Being higher gives me a better viewing angle, better distance judgement, less problem with oncoming lights.

Also, I like my seat-back almost straight up. ;Sweet

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
My preferences are just the opposite.

I am six-foot and long-legged and I like a tall seat; I hate to sit in the floor.

When I get in a big truck, I air that dude as far up as she will go.

Being higher gives me a better viewing angle, better distance judgement, less problem with oncoming lights.

Also, I like my seat-back almost straight up. ;Sweet

i'm the same way except for the straight back thing lol. I got horrible posture, kids these days right?:D

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
Im on my third or fourth set of seats in my cc. cc floor layout is same front and rear, and a front bench from a regular cab goes directly into the rear of a crew.

I put buckets from a 96 bronco in my 87 cc. I used the "tabs" off the bench that mount to the floor, welded those to cross beams and then set the buckets on the beams. Both fronts move independant of one another and the console stayed in place. I know have the "spring steel" set from an 86 cc in and the seat foam is worn out, time to change again.

My rear seat is from a regular cab 68 f100. These things are easy to put seats in. Measure twice, cut once, weld decent, and think ahead (i.e. is the door card gonna hit, will it slide far enough forward or back to "sit" the way I want, etc). worse case cut it out and start over.

punk

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I've been preparing this swap in, bu I'm going a little oddball (and may my truck and the truck gods forgive me LOL)

I do not want to lose the ability to slide the seat forward to get into the back, I'm also a tall guy at 6'4", large at 265lbs+, and I want something that's comfortable

I have a set of front bucket seats out of a 93 S10-Blazer 2-door model, I drove one for a year (beat the snot outta the truck till it died) and those things are pretty comfortable

the only thing I'm waiting on is to finish getting my rear bench made, I'm doing the frame as one piece so it will have to go in with the front seat out

when it comes to that time, I'll post pictures, measurements, etc (unless someone else wants to do it for me first! LOL)

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth...while the bench seat itself from an extended-cab truck is certainly different from a crew cab or a regular cab truck, I'm having trouble understanding how the seat frame or the floor pan's different. My extended-cab truck originally had a bench seat in it, and I replaced it in '06 with a seat assembly that came out of a crew cab truck. The seat assembly was from a Centurion conversion, so it came with a frame that bolted to the stock bench seat mounting points in the floor pan, and the frame has mounting points for two bucket seats and a center console.

So, based on that, if the extended-cab truck has a bench seat, any bench seat from a crew cab or a regular cab truck should bolt right in.

However, as I understand it, any truck with bucket seats from the factory has different mount points...so, if you want to swap factory buckets into a truck that had a bench seat, you have to drill and reinforce new holes. But, again, the difference in floor pans is in regards to trucks that had bench seats vs bucket seats from the factory...the cab style (regular, extended, or crew) doesn't make a difference in this case.

FWIW...and I would like to someday figure out a safe way to raise my driver's seat a couple of inches...

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW...and I would like to someday figure out a safe way to raise my driver's seat a couple of inches...

For many years, my driver-side seat had stacks of washers and long bolts raising it about two-inches with no negative issues, safety or otherwise, that I ever experienced.

I would have to go look to be certain, but it seems like I eventually made some square-tubing risers, with boxed ends for strength, and replaced the big stack of washers with them.

Then, I could be thinking of one of the other trucks and the wsahers still be in mine. cookoo

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought about stacking washers, but I was worried it would put too much stress on the bolt in the event of a collision. Even a Grade 8 can only take so much....and it seems to me that that would stress it a bit. But, I could be wrong...?