Interior question

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
My truck is a single cab bricknose. I've seen the bucket seats and a center console in some 87-91 f-series supercab trucks and id like to put them in mine. I was wondering if any members have ever done this conversion on any of their trucks. I didn't know if they'd fit in. If one of you guys has done this to one of your trucks can you post pics?

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I haven't dude, but if I EVER get the chance to get my hands on the bucket seats, they will be going in my truck!!

If you attempt this, let us know how it goes. Take measurements and pics. Never hurts to think outside the box like this either!

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
I haven't done it myself, but do have a parts truck with the captain chairs and center console, it's an ex cab though, and it's the 86, so still the same brick nose, though I really don't think the floor pans changed. I'd put money on them bolting into the outer two holes, just drill your inner two.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the only issue you will run into is the fact that any tilt-back or reclining features will not be usable in a regular-cab truck.

I have some very expensive/nice captain's chairs in my regular-cab 1985; they sit better than the king's throne, but I can't lay them back. LOL

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
The cab floors are different between a reg cab and supercab. So you will have to modify the mounts

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
Look for a four door with buckets and the jump seat, they'll bolt in. Super Cabs and Broncos share the same bolt pattern.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or you can leave your bench seat sliders in place, run some cross beams between them, and bolt the bucket seats tho those. Downside is both seats will be moving fore-aft together, just like the bench did.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I put an '86 extended cab seat in my '74 f100. A couple of welds, a stack of fender washers, I had a comfortable seat.:sly Also put 1989 chevy Nova seats in a '85 K5 blazer. Some scrap pieces of angle iron and flat stock and seats tend to listen well.:backoff

nyteshades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you put the front seat in from a CC, you're going to loose the ability to push the backs forward to get behind the seat. As far as bolting right in, just change the lower frames. That's what I did when I put the back seat of a crew cab as the bench in my reg cab.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
If you put the front seat in from a CC, you're going to loose the ability to push the backs forward to get behind the seat. As far as bolting right in, just change the lower frames. That's what I did when I put the back seat of a crew cab as the bench in my reg cab.

I agree to disagree.

For using the front crew cab seat in a reg cab all you have to do is unbolt the "I" brackets used to keep the seat from tilting and swap in the rod w the latch on it from the old bench seat.

And for using the rear crew cab seat in a reg cab, it is a direct bolt in, no need to swap anything.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I did a bench to bucket swap, but both trucks were super cabs. I had to drill all new holes to put the buckets in. The floors had extra material where the seats were mounted as well. I got the largest, thickest washers I could find and used them to help reinforce the floor a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online