Interest in these parts?

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I'm just trying to get an idea of who may be interested in what off my truck so that I can try to plan my Cummins swap this spring.

I will be selling the following:

1. IDI engine, with (currently) 201,060 miles on it (according to odometer--with my slightly larger tires than stock I calculate there's probably closer to 219,000 miles actual use). I'll know a little later which accessories I can sell with the engine. Uses very little oil when towing (I used about a quarter towing 6500 pounds across the country through mountains last year). Oil analyses from Blackstone since I've owned the truck have all come back just fine, and I think I have most of them on my computer. Engine does have blow-by, but no worse than when I bought it. Not sure what is normal. Still good for 0-60 in 10-11 seconds with turbo on my truck.

2. Banks turbo, exhaust, and 3-gauges (EGT, Boost, Trans temp). Paid $2900 for the set in July of 2003. Have 14,360 miles on them as of today. Will throw in a new K&N filter assuming the old one lasts (it had to be "beefed up" on the flange). Make an offer.

3. BTS transmission. Has 5277 miles on it as of today. $3600 new. Won't take less than $2800 assuming balance of warranty will transfer. Don't have to sell it, as Brian thinks it'll hold up... but might sell if I decide the NV5600 is a better option.

If you might be interested in any of these items, please let me know. As I've said, I'm just trying to get an idea for how much I can get for these components so that I can plan. If I do the conversion, the components will be available for shipping from the shop doing my conversion (Auto World of Montana) in April of '06. Buyer pays shipping.

Mike

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you willing to separate the turbo from the exhaust system? If so, what's the exhaust diameter? I assume it's in multiple pieces, so it could be adapted to fit a shorter wheelbase.

If it's coming off the truck while the truck's in CA, I MIGHT be interested in the exhaust system (after the downpipe), depending on the price, details, etc...have to compare that to what a shop would charge for a custom job, though, so like I said, it's a "maybe"...

BTW, if $$ allows, I'd strongly recommend the NV5600 :)

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Warden said:
Are you willing to separate the turbo from the exhaust system? If so, what's the exhaust diameter? I assume it's in multiple pieces, so it could be adapted to fit a shorter wheelbase.

If it's coming off the truck while the truck's in CA, I MIGHT be interested in the exhaust system (after the downpipe), depending on the price, details, etc...have to compare that to what a shop would charge for a custom job, though, so like I said, it's a "maybe"...

BTW, if $$ allows, I'd strongly recommend the NV5600 :)

Well... I prefer to sell the system in its entirety for the benefit of the fellow who purchases it; everything will be right there ready to install with no fuss. :)

Mike

Last edited:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mikes91 said:
Well... I prefer to sell the system in its entirety for the benefit of the fellow who purchases it; everything will be right there ready to install with no fuss. :)
Oh, okay...I had a feeling that that would be the case, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask :)

Thanks Mike!

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tbirdfiend281 said:
what kind of transmission is that?

I've had offers of $2100 for the turbo kit. That isn't to say that the fellow's offer still stands. It comes down to best bid at the time I have the Cummins under the hood and a rolling truck... May or so.

BTS = Brians Truck Shop E4OD rebuild. About the strongest E4OD you can buy... maybe strong enough to handle the Cummins!! :)