Instant heat glow plugs?

Snowdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be suspect, I want to see a test as to how long it takes for them to fail. Otherwise I would think they would burn out prematurely.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, This line "MADE IN USA to our specifications by the same company supplying our US Forces' Hum-Vee's overseas."
Makes me think they're Wellman Dual coil plugs, and this line " will not find these plugs elsewhere on the internet for sale, unless from one of our dealers!" is bogus.
I'd like to be able to read the writing on the plug.
If they're Wellmans, they are awesome.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, This line "MADE IN USA to our specifications by the same company supplying our US Forces' Hum-Vee's overseas."

After retiring from the military that line scares me....Reads more like "Made to MIL-SPECs by the lowest bidder"

dmaxjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was worried about them burning out also if they heat up too quick. What are Wellman plugs , and where do you get them?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whoever wants to be the official lab rat....post results;Sweet
I've seen this company tout this product for some time now but am still very skeptical. we're not exactly a growing market(IDI's) and for someone to go through this "expense" to develop, manufacture and market a product as they are claiming, doesn't make sense. Wellmans are sold in many places, the stealership being one, and they are also packaged by motorcraft also. In conclusion, if you are paying no more than what you are buying at the stealership, the buy is OK through the ebayer. If you are paying a premium, you may not be getting anything superior than what's currently out there.
caveat emptor.

93_E_350

7.3 IDI NA
Reaction score
May be it’s just me but…

If you look closely at the picture of the glow plug lying horizontal and compare it to the three heated demo pictures which one looks more like the horizontal photo left or right? Compare the length from the thread to the beveled seat area and also look at the tip, one of the tips in the “demo” photo is visibly more tapered than the other?

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
May be it’s just me but…

If you look closely at the picture of the glow plug lying horizontal and compare it to the three heated demo pictures which one looks more like the horizontal photo left or right? Compare the length from the thread to the beveled seat area and also look at the tip, one of the tips in the “demo” photo is visibly more tapered than the other?

yeah, kinda funky... cookoo Almost looks like he's got his plug backwards.. he actually selling ones that light up half as fast, instead of twice as fast :confused:

93_E_350

7.3 IDI NA
Reaction score
Probably just a photo anomaly…:backoff

May be it just looks tapered because it’s swollen from the heat…:rotflmao

dmaxjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to someone today about the dual coil plugs and they said not to use them on the solid state controller setups like the 87 and up idi's. Which I have converted mine to. What do ya's think? does it matter which controller?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel