Installing E pump.

Trying my best

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I hit send too soon. As I was saying. Thread sealant that screw into the pump. I did not do that and got all kinds do messed up.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully my last question.
I finally got my connector that connect to the pump itself.
But there's two wires coming off of it. Here's what I've been able to gather from reading other threads on how I'm suppouse to do this.
The side with the red wire will be the wire that goes to the relay correct? And the black wire will be just a ground to wherever I ground it so there will actually he TWO grounds in this setup. One coming from the black wire on the pump itself and one to. The relay am I correct here? Please correct me if I'm completely wrong here. Just don't wanna mess anything up here;Sweet

8seconds

Looking to Modify
Reaction score
Ididriver,

That is correct you should have two seperate grounds, one at the e-pump and one at the relay on leg #30.

8seconds

Looking to Modify
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't completely read the entire thread, but have you gave it any thought of using a safety switch between the pump and the relay. Just in case you are in an accident, it would shut the fuel off to the motor. Just a thought.....

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good question.
Once I get it hooked up and know it's runnig right I want to hook in a switch so it will shut off if oil pressure drops below 7 psi.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally started the install today.
I got the the mounts in for the new pump and bolted in.
Pulled the vacuum pump off for easy acses to the the old mechanical pump. Yanked that pos out and installed the block off plate.
And fuel hose from the stock hardline to the pump on and vacuum pump reinstalled.
So now all that is left is wireing for the pump and the fuel hose to the fuel filter head.

Getting exited!!

Would it be ok to use the same spot for both grounds in the pump wire ing

SkipBurney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love mine and I have everything grounded under the same screw and don`t have any problems. It sure is nice to walk outside hit the key and it fire right up, hell I think it starts by itself sometimes in the middle of the night just because it can.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I'm working on my fuel pump this weekend finally and I'm rigging the electrical to a switch under the hood that allows me to have it set to manual control or automatic. That way i can easily turn the pump on and prime the fuel filter when under the hood and look for leaks if need be. I did find i think my last leak too, the fuel heater on the filter assemnly...