injectors or IP?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i got a 94 7.3IDI non turbo that runs like complete garbage for about 20 minutes till it warms up.when you start it cold it skipps and smokes like a freekin train.when it warms up it runs great throttle response it crisp.very snappy motor when its warm but forget it when its cold,its a dog when cold.its also a little tough to start when cold but fires up faster than you can turn the key when warm.it smokes so bad that the truck disapears for a few minutes and smells like diesel so bad that it will burn your eyes.right now it has no exhaust on it at all.running straight manifolds for the moment.you can hear 1 or 2 cylinders that arent fireing and then they fire with a pop.

injectors or IP.the motor only has 68,000 miles on it.was a city dump truck.

Headerpower

Reaction score
Start by pulling and having the injectors pop tested, sounds to me like you have a bunch of leakers there. A remain set is not that expensive, just get the works replaced if they dont test up right. Also you are adding a good dose of fuel lube to make up for the ultra-low sulfer deisel right???

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its not my truck,its a friends truck.it not being driven yet.we need to get the exhaust done.its got a good dose of additives in the tank.ill probably have him drive it for a week and see if it clears up,if not get a set of injectors.around here it costs more to have them tested than it is to buy a new set.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. Throw a set of tested injectors at it. The one or two cylinders that are not firing could be glow plugs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online