injector testing

girl mark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got access to a pop tester and had a kind of dumb question- if you pull out injectors for testing and decide to put them back in, do you have to replace the washer/o-ring with new ones?

mark

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and get a line kit before you pull the injectors. You can look at them funny and the orings will start ******* all over immeadiately.

girl mark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I kind of got that idea reading other threads.

Mark

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Yes replace the copper washers. I have reused them in a pinch but it's always best to replace them. They are crush washers so once they are molded to the injector end they really need to be replaced.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know if you looked at my my article on fuel injection servicing yet or not, but it has some helpfull tips on what to look for when your testing your injectors.

L.Wilkinson

Its an Arktos not a Sub
Reaction score
Not that anybodies ever "not" going to be able to purchase new copper washers for the injectors, if you are in a pinch, they are serviceable by "Anealing". Simply, heat to cherry red with a propane torch (not acetylene) while suspended on some mechanics wire, then plunge into cold water. This allows them to return to the original shape, all crush marks disappear. Sometimes when you've got an odd size you can't find new, this works.