Injector line thread question

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Research has told me that the injector end of the line is M12.5x1.5... is the IP end of the line the same thread size/pitch?

Think I may have found a fitting at McMaster-Carr that'll work for a pop tester.

FoolhardyIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went out with my thread gauge. Tested both and they are the same 12.5x1.5

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes.. they are the same thread. Don't know why they are metric... Might be a Canadian thing ...:eek::angel:

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll post up my findings from work. I know that the DIY process for pop-testers has been covered pretty well by oldbull in the tech area, but I'm exploring a solution for those who don't have access to a welder.

Got the stuff ordered... will report back if it works properly.

/thread ;Sweet

Last edited:

hce

So can i....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The mcmaster fittings can be made to work. Using them without modification it will only grab the first thread on the injector. The nut fits, but the compression ferule needs to be turned 180 and a little bit of machine work performed on the sealing surface. I also drilled out the nut to so the compression ferule would slide up farther. The pipe to tube adapter that the compression fittings slides onto I machined out of solid stock.
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?71244-injector-pop-testers

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found an npt to metric adapter that ought to fit our lines, also experimenting with a tube nut and flare similar to the stock lines. Yes, I'm using stuff rated to a minimum of 3000 psi

If it's successful I'll put the info up

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fitting you need should be available from any good hydraulics supplier. I posted a part number for a Parker fitting here http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...ade-pop-tester-Ever&highlight=best+pop+tester

Quote from that thread "In case anyone is looking for a fitting to adapt to the injector (12mm x 1.5mm pitch) I found a Parker fitting that works (1C343-6-4 Parker # 6 Female Metric L x 1/4" i.d. Hose Fitting)."

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be going to NPT and avoiding hydraulic hose. I know there are plenty of ways to slice this DIY build, I just wanted to test a parts list from a sole source online retailer.

Update: checked at the main place in town for hydraulics, nogo on availability of that part or ANY 12.5x1.5mm female. Bits I ordered come in monday.

Last edited: