Injector leaking?

BoostFiend

Reaction score
Ok so I have been having intermittently air in the system at start up, I have found the big rubber return line to the tank leaking so going to do that, however also noticed that the #3 injector is wet. I tightned the metal line to it and wiped it down but its slightly wet again (not pouring out but damp) Now I noticed its wet above the 2 metal nuts as well as the cap. (the caps and braided return lines are only about a year old) do you think replacing the caps and o ring's on this one will fix it or since its looks wet above the 2 metal nuts is it possible its the injector itself.
Just trying to decide if I should order a new injector or just the return line kit with caps and o-rings.

1dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would try replacing the o-rings first, thats cheap and easy. I replaced all my o-rings about two years ago and they never leaked, that was until we had a sudden cool down in weather a few weeks ago and almost all of them started leaking again. Replaced just the o-rings a few days ago (hoses where still perfect condition), life is good again

BoostFiend

Reaction score
You were correct. I just replaced the o-rings even though the old ones looked ok and so far no more leaking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online