Injector knock?

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my neighbor up to Lowes last night, as we are riding along he tells me i have an injector knocking.. He is an 80 y/o retired sub-mariner, been on submarines all his life working on and around diesel engines, so i take his word... Is there a way to tell which injector it may be? My truck has 274k miles on it and as far as i know the injectors could all be original d/k.. It has been turning over longer on start up lately too.. Should i just bite the bullet and replace all the injectors? What ya'll think..

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I'd say it's time! lol You can loosen each line until the knocking one is found, can be messy though! :)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A set of NEW BB codes and a return line kit will get you back to almost full power. If the injection pump is the original too its shot and needs to be replaced and timed...:sly

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would love to do injector pump too but don't have the $$$ at the moment, still gotta see what the injectors and return line is gonna run me.. then figure out how to do it all!! am pretty mech inclined on gas motors but never touched a diesel..

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
crack each injector line individualy untill you find which one quiets the knock. 5/8 wrech for the injector lines IIRC

mariner45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would love to do injector pump too but don't have the $$$ at the moment, still gotta see what the injectors and return line is gonna run me.. then figure out how to do it all!! am pretty mech inclined on gas motors but never touched a diesel..

This is where you go and visit your 80 yr old neighbour. He would be more than happy to share his knowledge of diesels with someone who is interested:D:D.

Just a thought

mariner

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the old guy could get under the hood he would jump right in i am sure... I have a buddy how is a diesel tech so i will probably have him come give me a hand.. Is it type4 on here i should send a message too about the good injectors?

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shoot i wish i knew what an injector knock sounded like versus my motor.... at this point i know it needs injectors pump etc.......its a dog.

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info guys, i will get in contact with Typ4 soon, make sure i have the funds in hand..

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
if the old guy could get under the hood he would jump right in i am sure

Is it type4 on here i should send a message too about the good injectors?

I"m sure if you called the old fella over, he could talk you through anything you needed to do on that engine , and would be happy to do it. That.s half the fun when you get too worn out to be able to do it yourself anymore is to be able to pass on the information to the younger generation ;Sweet

Yes, You can find Type4 on here to order up a set of injectors and a return kit and I speak from experience installing his stuff, no fuss high quality, unlike many of the sellers you will find on ebay and the internet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online