injection pump

86 1 tonhauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone know what part that is on the bottom of the injection pump that has a arm connected to it that gets pushed in when u hit the throttle it on the drivers side bottom of the inj pump its leaking fuel can it be fixed or am i going to have to put a new pump on it :eek:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's your feul advance plunger for the sake of simplicity. If it's leaking, it's time for a pump.

86 1 tonhauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no way towcat, u gotta be chittin me-cuss -cuss :mad: :eek: :***: :smash: :fan: :frustrate -Downno wonder i keep getting air in the lines im so pissed right now , anybody got an injection pump they wanna sell or point me in the right direction to one

Last edited:

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's probably a seal or O-ring in there to replace. Once you take that arm off, the piston comes right out. See your friends at International, they should have a blow up of the IP to see what seals the piston.

86 1 tonhauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahh sweet i thought i was going to have to spend 500 bucks on a inj pump just for a stupid lil o ring thanks!!! :)

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
inj. pump

I have a pump that was on a 88 I bought for parts .
it says rebuilt International fuel systems on it #DB2-4808.It is a clean pump but dont know much else about it.
I was going to try to barter with Ken as an extre core on a rebuilt but I have yet to get me injectors back yet .
Let me know
John

ksdrifter26

Reaction score
if its anything like the one on my 88, there should be an o ring in there. i found out mine went bad on an engine overhual when i did my first initial start up and the engine took off. the fuel cut off solinoid cracked and alowed the engine to rev to max rpm. ended up replacing the pump at around 900$. :mad: still today i have yet to get the engine running again. may be looking at pulling the engine again.

86 1 tonhauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i was just wondering cuz i know its draining the pump when it sits and let air in there and when i goto start it run for 10 sec then stall then is a pain to get it started till it primes again then it fires so im glad i dont need an injection pump