Injection Pump to Gear Torque

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My book states they torque on those 3 very small 5/16 12 point bolts is 25 ft lbs. Is this right? I remember someone posting some time back to get them as tight as I can. That doesn't work for me. I do have a 36 inch breaker bar and I know thats going to be way to tight. I also remember something about if you need new bolts Nappa sells them in the rear universal joint repair kits.:dunno

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Yup. I just looked it up on my ford CD and it's 25 ft lbs.
I picked up a new set of bolts at me friendly neighborhood pump shop real cheap last time I had mine off.
I put a drop of locktite on those things. First time i did one, I just torqued it down to spec, but next time I went in , one of the bolts had loosened up. After that , they all get a little locktite ;Sweet

---------Robert

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.... My method has always involved pressing down the little combination wrench with my thumb until it hurt like hell. I wonder what that equates to?? :angel: LOL

I haven't had any come loose. :dunno

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Hmmm.... My method has always involved pressing down the little combination wrench with my thumb until it hurt like hell. I wonder what that equates to?? :angel: LOL

I haven't had any come loose. :dunno

That's the method I used to use for my flywheel bolts. 'course they see a little more torque than the IP does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brb5

Members online