Injection Pump order

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So im looking to order a new cheap IP to get my truck running again. As much as I want to have mel build me a moose pump, I currently cant justify the extra $300. The two places im looking at ordering an IP from is hectorwithinjectors2011, on ebay, or Pensacola Fuel Injection. What are peoples thoughts? Also if its highly recommended I could probably make mels pump possible, im just not sure if he can turn a pump around soon enough. Let me know what your thoughts are.

Thanks!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Also if its highly recommended I could probably make mels pump possible, im just not sure if he can turn a pump around soon enough. Let me know what your thoughts are.

Thanks!

I would recomend one, and pm him before you assume what his turn around may be. Mel is of great character, I'm sure he will steer you in the right direction and a Moose or Baby Moose is of quality that is unmatched.;Sweet

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and read the Pensacola IP thread in the forum. There are 2 members there with Pensacola IP problems. You may also wanna see if John at NozzleMaster can help you out....he's down here in Orlando.

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the Hall of Shame. I have heard of several problems from other members about Pensacola.

I am planning a baby moose as soon as I can get a handle on the finances

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Please dont get a pensacola ( or a diesel careless pump either . Ive personally dealt with both). We dont need anyone else out there fighting another crap pump install

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hurting a couple of years ago for $$ and bought both a pump and injectors from them and haven't had a problem. Pump was on sale with no core needed, so I went with it. Maybe I got lucky......

On edit: Just saw another post on a possible bad Pensacola pump or install, Moose or Type4 pumps rebuilds are probably the way to go if ya got the $$. No question on the quality.....

Last edited:

smokinpipes

Navistar Nut
Reaction score
Just my two cents worth, I've bought from both of those dealers. Diesel care... sucks. Pump died after two months. Hecktorwithinjectors, well it took them nearly a month and a half to get my IP to me. When you buy a pump, you are put in a rebuild queue. Now I've had that pump for a while now, and it works good. But the lead time is ungawdly long.
My next new pump will be from Mel. I've heard of too good of a review from peers here to not want to give my old girl only the best. She's been sitting now for four years, so if I have to wait a bit longer to do it right, well, that's what I will do.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad you didn't make it to the rally. I had all this stuff for sale, sharply discounted! Not a single item sold. That will make the people on my waiting list very happy. I had two Baby Moose's there for sale for about $550.
You must be registered for see images

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Mel.... I would do unnaturel things for a baby moosr pump. I would even get a job but.... Thats another story in itself.... I guess the economy has finally hit us hard. Its a shame when a person can't afford the best but wont settle for less... Hang in there Mel. Those are fine items you have for sale and they will sell...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, I was happy they didn't go, except for the hassle of hauling them around. Supply has not been able to keep up with demand, so this will help some people out.

Good point Corey! LOL

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha mel I wish I could have made the rally, but with out a truck currently it would have been disappointing.

threesprings

Reaction score
Okay, new guy here. Getting ready to replace my injector pump, (did the pour cold water trick on pump, has got me going twice now. Question: What is a moose pump? What is a baby moose? Where do I get one? Will be installing a turbo in the near future, are they compatible? What is wrong with rebuilt Standyne for $500? Just wondering, getting ready to take care of the situation this week, even in the mountains getting tired of parking on hills to get it started when it's warmed up.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. The Moose Pump is a injection pump thats been rebuilt to the finest standards and then some. The fuel curve is changed for what you want. The parts are only the best what syanadyne makes. None of that cheap overseas crap that so many others are rebuilding with. The work that goes into these modified pumps is beyond compare. They will run other fuels like waste motor oil but... They will not be under warranty doing so. WMO has soot in it and you just can't get rid of that.. Unless you run it thru a refractory tower. Heat it up. Pull a vacuum on the tower and feed it in. The overhead takoff is what you want. The heavy crap drops down to the boiler end and its like tar. Not of any use really. Yes... I once ran a chemical refinery makeing all kinds of "stuff". All of it was leagel too.. No **** made way back then.. A baby Moose pump is rebuilt with no modifications. Just a precision rebuild that superior to all the rest out there. The $500.00 pump you posted about is probably only a $350.00 pump with many old parts stil in it. I have had two Moose Pumps and will be getting a Baby Moose some day...