Injection Pump Leak at Gear Housing?

jchristie

Reaction score
Good evening,

It seems like leaking diesel from somewhere around the injection pump. I've read a common issue is drying olives on the fuel line coming into the injection pump, but it doesn't seem to be leaking there or at any other fuel lines. It seems to be coming from the connection point between the injection pump and the injection pump gear housing. Due to the difficulty of seeing that vantage point, I can't say that with complete certainty. Unfortunately, I cannot find a decent diagram on my Chilton manual that might show an o-ring or something of the like which could cause this.

Have any of yall had this issue? Since I've never looked into/replaced an injection pump, I wouldn't know what it contains at that connection point. Any advice on seeking this out further?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its likely right behind there coming out of the weep hole. Bad internal seals.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I agree is a seal going bad. You could have 1 day... One month or a year but no matter what. This pump is failing. So now you need to wonder when and where its going to give up... You just know it will be later sunday night when it finally goes too...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance