Inj. pump line tool?

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slight tangent on the olives for our trucks. You can buy viton ones instead of the standard rubber. Look up Parker vibra-lok 60VLV-5 (5/16” size) and 60VLV-6 (3/8” size). Should give you peace of mind regarding leaky olive seals.

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always used a standard 5/8 or 16mm wrench, never had any problems with rounding anything?
me either but i do have line wrenches and such for tractors and other equipment just hadnt' needed the crows foot before, Harbor freight and they were fairly cheap, like 14$ for a set of 7 SAE

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
You could. You could also try cutting a socket down first. If that works, it would save you some time.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Yep, that is the fancy one, and sometimes the best and easiest. But, if you want to buy one from Snap-On, start saving your lunch money. Snap-On is VERY proud of their tools. You might have to mortgage your house, and sell your first-born to afford one of their tools.
Gandalf,

No worries they will be happy to help out. Give you a line of credit at 28% per year interest and give you 10 years to pay it off. They really want to help you out!

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gandalf,

No worries they will be happy to help out. Give you a line of credit at 28% per year interest and give you 10 years to pay it off. They really want to help you out!
Yep that's a fact...

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but....they have a life time warranty.

About 10 years back we were at the Good Guys hot rod show in Plesanton, Ca., out at the swap meet i found and old Snap On 3/8" ratchet for 5 bucks. Didn`t work too good, and took it over to the Tool truck that was there. The guy went back into his truck for a while, and came back with all new guts in it.
It has a date code on it, and after a Google search, it was made in 1944.
Name on the handle is Snap-On Ferret F-20N.

That interest rate is insane, put your money in the bank and get 1/2%.

I picked up a 5/8" Impact socket I was thinkin of going to cut down to make one for the IP couple years back.
Iam a long term thinker I guess. This is getting me motivated to start grinding on it to see how bad I can screw it up. LOL

Goat

Last edited:

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
alright you guys are giving me a headache :p
it takes me about 15 min to pull an injection pump and throw it in a vice.

if done correctly, you wont have to get in there for the life of the IP.

ive also deleted the hard feed line to the IP with just a regular socket and a ratchet.

but carry on with your brainstorming. my brain cant handle another storm right now :drunk:

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks all.. for someone who has never touched a Inj. pump on an IDI its a learning curve..
now i replaced Inj. pumps on another brand with no problems..
Thanks for the advice everyone, sorry if i gave anyone a headache, IDIoit lol

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
alright you guys are giving me a headache :p
it takes me about 15 min to pull an injection pump and throw it in a vice.

if done correctly, you wont have to get in there for the life of the IP.

ive also deleted the hard feed line to the IP with just a regular socket and a ratchet.

but carry on with your brainstorming. my brain cant handle another storm right now :drunk:

Project at hand was IP to filter line replacement. Crowfoot and wrench can do that.

Your pump suggestion is great for a engine rebuild or pump exchange, but it requires setting the timing after and many don’t have the meter for that.

Pulling some lines will actually be less headache than pulling the whole pump with lines. The time it would take to remove the access cover, pump bolts, unhooking all the injectors, removing the pump, replacing the pump, sealing the access cover, hooking up the timing meter, timing the pump, and perhaps having to loosen all the lines anyhow on the pump to adjust the pump far enough left or right would take a lot more time than taking off and putting on 3 or 4 lines.

But as you mentioned you have done the hardline replacement headache free with the pump in, lines on, and with a socket and a ratchet. (Guessing you made a special socket or cut the hard line so a socket would fit on.)

Last edited:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Project at hand was IP to filter line replacement.

But as you mentioned you have done the hardline replacement headache free with the pump in, lines on, and with a socket and a ratchet. (Guessing you made a special socket or cut the hard line so a socket would fit on.)
No the original problem was that there's a little bit of seepage and the lines on the IP are damp looking so they are a possible suspect. The OP was wanting to try to tighten the lines up on the pump to see if they're loose. The hard line delete is something that could/will be done at the same time. To remove that line from the pump, all you need is a 5/8 open end wrench. The brass fitting on the back of the IP can easily be removed with a 3/4" socket on a ratchet once that hard line is out of the way. No special tools needed.

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with all parts in hand now i can get rid of that hard line and last week when i attempted that i found that nut on the ip end loose lol.. i wondered why all those other lines seems to be sweating diesel lmbo.. found the issue.... hope to take care of that tomorrow if it doesn't storm again..
Thanks all for your insight and help.. i was freaking when i saw that moisture on all those lines and thought HTH am i gonna tighten all them lines up, at least i have the crows feet now..

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Now you know why I tell people to calm down and look at things first. You know what happens when you assume...(you usually spend money on things you don't need).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01