inj. o ring????

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanx guys... Its only been in the stable this summer , sounds like i'm golden(today l.o.l.) starts well .so I'm good. nice.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The color of Viton O'rings is determined by what temperature they can stand, that is a standard among manufactures. There is BLACK, GREEN, BLUE, YELLOW, BROWN, ORANCE can't recall the color temps. but you can google it

Blue Fluorosilicone The Blue Fluorosilicone elastomer is a Military Specification material that has a much wider temperature range than Viton (A) or Viton (B) and is widely used where fuel contains corrosive agents that are found in ULSD. Bio and veggie fuels. They will stay flexible in arctic conditions down to -70º F and can withstand temperatures in excess of 400 F.
-Drool

Hiball

Reaction score
The color of Viton O'rings is determined by what temperature they can stand, that is a standard among manufactures. There is BLACK, GREEN, BLUE, YELLOW, BROWN, ORANCE can't recall the color temps. but you can google it

Black Viton Type A: The black Viton o-rings are polymerized from two monomers, vinylidene fluoride and hexafluoropropylene (Viton type A). The low temp flexibility of Viton(A) is -2deg F but will continue to perform well in our type of service at a much lower temperature (-20 F)

Brown Viton Type B: The Viton o-rings; (Viton type B) are polymerized from three monomers, vinylidene fluoride, hexafluoropropylene and tetrafluoroethylene. The terpolymer blend of Viton has shown to have additional resistance to fuel permeation and swell when used with ULSD and BioDiesel than standard Viton (A). The low temp flexibility of Viton(B) is +9 deg F but will continue to perform well in our type of service at a much lower temperature (-9 F).

Blue Fluorosilicone The Blue Fluorosilicone elastomer is a Military Specification material that has a much wider temperature range than Viton (A) or Viton (B) and is widely used where fuel contains corrosive agents that are found in ULSD. Bio and veggie fuels. They will stay flexible in arctic conditions down to -70º F and can withstand temperatures in excess of 400 F.

Yeah, curiosity got the best of me and I found a site the other day also...

http://www.oringsusa.com/html/viton.html

I very seldom use viton, on occasion ill find some cylinders that are exposed to engine heat and ill substitute them for BunaN.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turns out the ones I buy are FKM, which is Viton Extreme.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turns out the ones I buy are FKM, which is Viton Extreme.
Dead ****....nice!

Can't wait for that package...

BTW..sending the exhaust flanges tomorrow 3 pair enough for now till I sort out my IDI issues? I'm thinking two y pipes should be enough one for 1 ton one for Bronco LOL

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks
Yes that will get some done if I can find my exhaust guy.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok so if the tanks are actually full?runnin c-6,4:10's with 285's it calks at 18+ or a corrected 19.9 towin a 4k 5er.... FEEDBACK?????
same run was 9 mpg to same spot b-4, wholly chit is it possible?