in the mud or not????

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an 83 with a high pinion 44 front and 53" tires - which weigh in at 350+ a pop with air in them. The 44 is real similar in strength to the 50 ttb. Never did anything rough with the truck, except for hooking chains with a 78 bronco. I blew out the rear driveshaft ujoint before anything up front broke... Like riot said, once you get to a 46" tire, a built 60 is the minimum amount of strength you'll want from your front end if you're going to wheel the truck. I'd throw a rockwell under there if I was doing it.

Classicfordguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that someone mentions the death wobble I think that has happened to me. I have a 6" lift with 36" bias ply hummer tires and they have flat spots for the first few miles especialy when its cold. Well a few times right about at 35 mph one of the flat spots will hit its harmonic frequency or something and it feels like it starts bouncing up and down. It shakes the truck violently and I hit the brakes fast and it stops at about 15 mph. I suppose a double shock would help or just radials after these pieces of crap wear out.

-Rob

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
I feel like I'm a little late in posting here, but.....all i can say is if you're going to take your diesel in the mud, be dayum sure your into it and that your 4x4 is on, haha or stuff like this happens..... :dunno anyways, long story short, i didn't think that the "puddle" i was going through just to kick a little mud on the tires was gunna swallow me whole, hahaha. Had i had the 4x4 on and was trying to go through the mud, it would have made it........ happy wheelin'! :D

Attachments

• PICT0121.JPG
    PICT0121.JPG
    688.5 KB · Views: 8
  • PICT0126.JPG
    PICT0126.JPG
    652.5 KB · Views: 5
  • PICT0123.JPG
    PICT0123.JPG
    626.2 KB · Views: 6
  • PICT0122.JPG
    PICT0122.JPG
    571.4 KB · Views: 7

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats not mud... you getting stuck is your fault... I see the horses around you.. thats nothing buy horse ***.... face it you got stuck in horse @#$% LOL LOL

greythorn3

wheelordie.com
Reaction score
my 6.9 in my 86 f350 does good for power but i have it set up crap for suspension.. i need to shift more of the weight backwards here it is

You must be registered for see images

anyhow im going to cut it up and transfer most the drivetrain to the 78 bronco i m building into a offroad diesel

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a novel looking rig. Did you cut the frame on a crew cab, or swap cabs on a short bed?

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
my 6.9 in my 86 f350 does good for power but i have it set up crap for suspension.. i need to shift more of the weight backwards here it is

anyhow im going to cut it up and transfer most the drivetrain to the 78 bronco i m building into a offroad diesel

That thing is a beast! Got any more pics of it? :D

greythorn3

wheelordie.com
Reaction score
i cut about 5 foot off the frame. ya i got allot of pictures of it and my other projects at my site wheelordie.com but heres some more for you

Ray

greythorn3

wheelordie.com
Reaction score
a few more for you all.. some are at the glacier.. thought youd like to see that

Ray

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
thats an interstingly kewl truck ya have there!!

also, it was mud i got stuck in, but it was at a horse farm, obviously.....