ij pump tech

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, well im going to keep doing homework over it every chance i get, i think next thing im going to do is mess with this othe screw i been hearing about inside the pump the one in the suply line and see what it does

its aparently a way to adjust timing

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know how to make a DS-4 run with the opposite rotation....

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
its aparently a way to adjust timing

im not sure if its true yet but i herd it adjust your power curve, that going one way makes it put more fuel at low rpm and another way at high rpm bot sure if thats true or not

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not sure if its true yet but i herd it adjust your power curve, that going one way makes it put more fuel at low rpm and another way at high rpm bot sure if thats true or not

i turned mine one whole turn clock wise and i didnt really notice a change in power or smoke:dunno

Black dawg

Reaction score
the screw in the inlet adjusts the transfer pump regulator. you can make the plungers go out farther by machining the shoe that the roller fits in. I did this to mine 2 years ago and it worked great. went from 13psi to 15 but i didnt take much off of the shoe. what we really need is a 4 plunger head and rotor, parts move less distance to put out the same fuel.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
I was flipping through my service manual and there is a pretty picture of the internals if you want i can scan and upload it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online