idles fine dies going down the road

Slicknik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Dieseltrav , factory strainer or shower head will fix your issue and you’ll be able to use that last 1/4 of your tank. But in 10+ years you’ll have to replace it again because it deteriorated.

So the alternative is to use fuel line and cut it to form a V in the line that will butt up again the bottom of the tank and then done. But you have no filter strainer here so you’ll rely on the fuel filter to stop any particulars in the tank from going to the IP

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've run the fuel hose down to just above the bottom of the tank with a double vee cut, about 5 years on the 38 gal tank to boot with no pickup issues. It works great too, if I accidentally run out of fuel I can put 36.5 gallons in it. I kept my front tank and FSV so running out isnt *that* big of a deal for me.

Dieseltrav

Reaction score
Truck is up and running, after relocating the fuel pump, cleaning the tank, and replacing the filter she fired right up! I have my pump wired to the glow plug actuator but blew the 20a fuse under the hood today, how can I avoid this from happening? It's 18ga wire coming out of the pump so that's what I used to connect the rest of the way (no inline fuse) after driving 30min I blew the fuse any help is appreciated!

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
18 Gauge is pretty fine wire if you are running too far. You might google it there are charts that give you length/gauge/current information. Does the fuse blow only after running a while or does it blow immediately now?

Dieseltrav

Reaction score
18 Gauge is pretty fine wire if you are running too far. You might google it there are charts that give you length/gauge/current information. Does the fuse blow only after running a while or does it blow immediately now?

I do not know, I jumped the fuse and moved the hot wire for the pump straight to the battery to get home, will get new fuses tomorrow

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sure is. I just slide 3/8 fuel hose works well over the nylon line, it’s especially not fun on the cab and chassis trucks

Ah yes, I replaced my FSV only to find out it was working just fine. The problem was the return line for the rear tank will hold 60psi of air. I don't know how it got that clogged, but it did.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I have my pump wired to the glow plug actuator but blew the 20a fuse under the hood today, how can I avoid this from happening?
If you want to keep the pump wired this way, then I'd suggest using a relay to power the pump straight off of the batteries. Then use the glow plug actuator to turn on the relay.

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to keep the pump wired this way, then I'd suggest using a relay to power the pump straight off of the batteries. Then use the glow plug actuator to turn on the relay.
I was going to suggest a relay for that pump myself.