IDI with reworked heads parting out on Seattle CL

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
*** did he do to that poor truck to break the crank?!? He must have run it low enough on oil for long enough to spin a bearing and then kept running it long enough to break the crank. That's all I can come up with.

reinerh

Reaction score
*** did he do to that poor truck to break the crank?!? He must have run it low enough on oil for long enough to spin a bearing and then kept running it long enough to break the crank. That's all I can come up with.

neh that cant break a crank, since the rods would punch the block first if caused by low no oil.

cranks have major torsional forces to deal with, one minor defect in manufacturing and it wont hold, its rare but cant be ruled out.

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
neh that cant break a crank, since the rods would punch the block first if caused by low no oil.

cranks have major torsional forces to deal with, one minor defect in manufacturing and it wont hold, its rare but cant be ruled out.
Have you ever seen an idi crank....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reinerh

Reaction score
Have you ever seen an idi crank....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nope, but many other diesel cranks. they are the strongest one can find vs gassers.

seen broken aircraft engine cranks as well, and they are huge.

its very rare, but they can break.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's very rare, but everything can break:

https://www.oilburners.net/threads/two-piece-crankshaft.80526/#post-953219

img_20170602_202325751-jpg.72884

aggiediesel01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it has a set of the factory alcoas on it, either painted with California Chrome or the worst brake dusting pads ever seen. There's LED Fog lights and a massive fuel tank in it too. Maybe the guy doesn't know whats actually wrong with it. His price will keep most people away, and if the crank is actually broke, wouldn't cylinders aft of the break be trashed making the recent head work useless?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online