I wonder if our trucks will last as long...101 years

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I seen a piece of history that you do not normally see everyday. A 1910 Model T Truck parked in the parking lot of the park across the street from where I live. This truck is all original except for the wood which was redone by the same company that made the original body's for Ford.

Enjoy the pics.

You must be registered for see images attach

If they had color film back in 1910 you would almost think this picture was taken back then except for the car fender showing.

Original clock. This clock is actually still working and keeps the correct time.

Luggage rack. The suitcase looks like it is from the same time period as when the truck was built.

Front showing acetylene headlamps. The acetylene is made from calcium chloride and water and is generated by the brass canister on the running boards.

Hand cranked starter. The first turn of the crank primes the engine. The second turn of the crank starts the engine.

The engine. This engine makes 25 HP and the top rated speed is a scary 50Mph. Their is also no water pump or fuel pump. The coolant is pushed to the top of the engine by heat and then to the top of the radiator to flow down and cool.

towtruckdave

Resident Nutcase
Reaction score
I am truly amazed by the acetylene generator.

I am sure at least one IDI will be in running condition in 2090 or so. Look how many are still working hard after 25 years.

hairyboxnoogle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well ours will be around assuming they dont get banned and made illeagal for whatever reason. At least i think so.

Fun side note, the model T's average fuel economy? What is 22mpg. Funny ole world init? That was back when gawd only knows what kinda gas there was, and a 8-1+ engine was "impossible". 100 years of technology and the first model off the assembly line gets better mileage than 90% of pickups and 50% of cars lmao.

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
Richmond IN had a Model T "party" a few years ago, it was pretty cool seeing all the cars and meeting some of the people.

There was quite a few people there from Australia that had a Model T and flew it all the way from Australia to Indiana.

And I only saw a few Model T's being trailered in, all the rest were being drove constantly.

hairyboxnoogle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I only saw a few Model T's being trailered in, all the rest were being drove constantly.

Ive always found that amazing, of all the classic antique and rare cars, you see alot more mdl Ts cruising. there are a couple around here you see once in a while. There is one old T-bucket too with a guy who has to be pushing every bit of 90 out cruising every sunday... looks like hes wearing airplane goggles from the 20s ( no windshield) just grinning ear to ear. Its sights like those that make you stop and appreciate the small things

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is one old T-bucket too with a guy who has to be pushing every bit of 90 out cruising every sunday... looks like hes wearing airplane goggles from the 20s ( no windshield) just grinning ear to ear.

That's probably whats keeping him alive LOL :thumbsup:

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Built Ford Tough! So damn simple! I bet there will be IDI's still workin. We still work on the old Ford 8n's 9n's and 2n's. Beat to death but still runnin and keepin the farms alive!;Sweet

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
My fiance's ag program /FFA Chapter still has an old Ford 3000 that we use on a regular basis.....The original generator finally went out no that long ago....runs like a top! ;Sweet

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, think about all the old Mack B-series trucks that are halfway or more to the century mark and still living. The only way the IDI goes away is if it gets banned outright. Parts will get rarer and rarer, and sometime down the road might be limited to NOS and hoarders from forums like these and FTE etc. I'm a little worried about the environmental movement getting too carried away, that's the only reason I would hesitate for a minute to spend 5-10K dollars on a dream F350 SRW with a very hot IDI or DT360 in it. To answer the original question..yes there will be IDIs in 2084 IMO, I'd love to be alive to see it.

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
The technology they had back then is amazing, considering that we haven't done much but make everything more complicated from then on with about the same results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online