i want my old truck back!!!

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
i want to put my 86 back together, just seeing it parked in the back yard is killin me!! :puke:

i need a running 6.9l that someone is willing to part with, i figure i can put the turbo on and go with it. i have all new fuel stuff so guess all i need is a long block that does not knock!! -cuss any advice or help would be great!! ;Sweet

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I have one! It came out of an 85 - F350 oil well truck with only 108,000 miles on the clock. Not sure how hard those miles may have been, but I have about $400 in it. It doesn't have an injector pump on it, I am using it on the 87. I brought it home, started it, sounded great and has been sitting since then in my barn. I was going to keep it for parts, but don't think I will ever use it. I have had it for about a year. I have scrapped the truck and the drive train parts are under my 87. I still have the transmission and transfer case as well, but will probably hang on to them.

You can email me if that is something that interests you. I am in Ohio as well.
Take care,
Scott

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
cool!!! this is why i love this board, you post you need something and less than an hour you know what you need to know!!! ;Sweet

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Well, just so you know, I am not OMB, that would be OldMisterBill and I believe he is in Oklahoma. Not sure what he has, I have read he has all kinds of stuff, may have a better deal, not sure. OMB didn't register until just now with me either. I didn't want to steal a sale of his as I know he probably could use the money with his health care costs etc. I really don't care if I sell this engine, just could put $400 toward "other" goodies!
Scott

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
being that you are 2 1/2 hrs away from me it makes sence to buy local on these type of heavy items rather than having them shipped. ;Sweet

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Greenbeast6.9 said:
i want to put my 86 back together, just seeing it parked in the back yard is killin me!! :puke:

i need a running 6.9l that someone is willing to part with, i figure i can put the turbo on and go with it. i have all new fuel stuff so guess all i need is a long block that does not knock!! -cuss any advice or help would be great!! ;Sweet

Man it's been a long time, I have also posted about engines and trucks (from fleabay) during this week, but I think you already got a good deal.

The force is STRONG :fight: (sorry I need to get the one with the light saber).

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
i am already getting excited about putting it all back together!!! i might use it as my pulling truck for fun, but either way i cant stand to see it just sit there rotting away. :puke:

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
No kidding. Parking a truck outside for a long time is prolly the worst thing you can do to it.

I had my 84 Mazda sitting behind the garage all this last summer. When I went out and fired it up last week to drive it, the main rear brake line popped, and the muffler system fell off. Everything was fine when I parked it there last fall. Just the moisture from the ground rusted everything to smithereans. I replaced the rusted line but it sprung another leak further back towards the MC. So I guess I'll have to replace all the steel lines. Not Fun in 15 degree weather.

I was hoping to drive it this winter, it's allready kind of rusty, but it gets 25 MPG. A big savings compared to the 8-9 MPG my rusty ole F150 5.0 gets.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.