I thought my DuraLift pump had let me down this morning...

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Got up early for church and was going to run a few errands today, or so I thought. After trying for 20 minutes to get the 87 started, it would die on me within 500 feet :dunno (NOT a good thing to happen on this road! -cuss)

It was acting like it was running out of fuel, but I had just filled it yesterday.

I pulled the rubber line off of where it goes into the filter head, to see if any was making it that far. Turned the key and got nothing -cuss I could hear the pump running and saw fuel in the bowl, when I climbed under the truck.

I was getting ready to pull the line from the water separator, when the thought occurred to me that maybe the pickup screen was clogged. I pulled the inlet line from the pump, expecting to get showered in fuel, but there was just a dribble. A small puff of air from the compressor and I could hear bubbles in the tank. Once I pulled the air gun out of the hose, I got my shower! :rotflmao I guess I had just enough clogging the screen, to restrict the flow. Once I hooked the inlet line back up, it was putting out fuel like before! :thumbsup:

I'm going to need a new front tank, since this one got gobs of JB weld on it to seal it. It leaked big time when I got it and I was still in diesel kindergarten when I JB'd it ALL up.. cookoo

Anyway, lesson learned this morning.. Even with the Duralift pump only getting a dribble of fuel for around 30 minutes, it still pumps like a champ!

Gary

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
h2odrx has a nice front tank I pulled off his truck (to get it outta the way). looked clean and complete, dunno how long a drive that'd be.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i got one to from the 93

glad it was a cheep fix, i love those

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789